Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT today I had to put down my best friend

Good bye Toby you were a great dog and a true companian you surely will missed by all who knew you !!!!!!!image
2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
Long Island N.Y.
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Sorry man, went through it a year ago and I still tear up thinking about my old guy.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Sorry for your loss.   
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,796
    Sorry to hear

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Sorry for your loss... That sucks, truly sucks :(
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,572
    Sorry. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,647

Very sorry to hear...you may find some solace in the attached:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm 

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,677
    Sorry for your loss Charles. 
    canuckland
    ·
  • Very Sorry Charles I also lost my best friend a little over a year ago ! It is hard to do but the best for them.

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. It's amazing how animals can touch us. I have 2 sugar gliders that are like my children and even though they are very young and have a long time to go (up to 15 years), it's going to devastate me when they pass.
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
    ·
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 1,149
    Sorry for you loss.  I had to put down my first about a year ago.  You will never forget the memories of old friends, but you can always make new memories with new friends.
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Sorry for your loss
    ·
  • dihtndihtn Posts: 177
    Sorry to hear Charles.
    ·
  • dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 1,412
    Sorry for your loss....They do become one of the family.

Donnie Dawes - Carrollton, KY  

1-XLBGE, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

·
  • So sorry for the loss.  Lots of pain now,  then lots of good memories and funny stories to be relived and told. 
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Sorry for your loss. Its always tough. true unconditional hey.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • Sorry for your loss, been there so I think I know how you feel. Toby looked like a great dog.
    Large Big Green Egg, Old Weber Kettle, Saber Gas Grill...Peoria, AZ
    "Vegetarian is an old Indian word meaning "Bad Hunter"" Author Unknown
    ·
  • Timbo66Timbo66 Posts: 109
    Sorry for your loss.
    Large Egg, Warner Robins,Ga
    ·
  • The worst day of my life was the day I had to put Lacy down. I did get some comfort in knowing it  was the most humane, loving thing I could do for her given all she did for me.

So very sorry for you. And now the keyboard is wet.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,067
    Very sorry to hear that.  I have two Goldens myself.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,060
    Sorry to hear this, Charles. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • otterotter Posts: 213
    Peace
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
    ·
  • FaceDanceFaceDance Posts: 118
    Sorry Charles
    South Florida - Large BGE (DOB:  12/07/2013)
    ·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    So sorry ,
    such a difficult thing . my thoughts are with you
    Toronto
    ·
  • Sorry for your loss.  It is always a tough decision to have to put down a pet.  We have lost three in the last three years -- one due to old age, a kitten that developed FIP and a rescue cat that developed cancer.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,315
    So sorry man.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,742
    Sorry for your loss my friend.  They are a part of the family and it truly hurts when they leave us.  I love the below poem and brings back great memories of all my buddies! 

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,742
    Forgot to add this as well.  A friend of mine sent me this when one of my dogs passed. 

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? ...How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"
    Thanks,

Matthew
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,492
    Sorry for your loss

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • r2davis65r2davis65 Posts: 129
    Beautiful dog, and I'm sure a great friend. Sorry.
    ·
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 523
    Sorry dude.  I was in the same boat a few years back one of the hardest days of my life.  The great times and memories will last forever.
    Edina, MN

·