Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

NY Strip Steaks (Pic Heavy)

Did a cook on the egg tonight. Picked up some killer strip steaks from local butcher today and reverse seared them on the egg. Super moist and tender with tons of flavor! Pic heavy but well worth it! Hope you all enjoy!

LBGE, Char-Griller Akorn, Weber Kettle and a black lab.

Edmond, OK

005.JPG 1.8M
007.JPG 2M
009.JPG 1.5M
008.JPG 1.9M
010.JPG 1.5M
011.JPG 1.6M
012.JPG 1.5M
013.JPG 2.1M
·

Comments

• minniemohminniemoh Posts: 1,343
    tarmac that's a great looking cook!
    L x2, M, S, and Mini. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,026
    8th post and I'm jealous. I need to practice plating and try a reverse sear.
    ·
  • Wow, spectacular dish
    ·
  • Very nicely done. Agree with @Lit the plating is fantastic. Wish I was that creative. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    Nice work on plating. Is that the built-in flash or shoe-mount? Pretty good lighting with minimal washout if built-in.
    ·
  • Thanks for the kind words all! @Eggcelsior, that is the built in flash on the camera.

Edmond, OK

·
  • WOW the steaks look fantastic !!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • awmawm Posts: 177
    I'm planning on doing some ny strips tonight and was just searching the sight for some tips, cause I still haven't quite nailed a steak yet.... Anyways I came across this post and the sides for that steak look awesome can I get some tips for the mushrooms, asparagus, and potatoes. I guess you need something to keep the small stuff from falling through the grid?
    ·
  • As long as you keep the asparagus running over the grid you'll be fine. I only lost maybe to doing it that way. Potatoes I just put in a plastic bag with olive oil salt and pepper and your favorite seasoning and put them in a roasting pan in the oven at 425. Mushrooms I sauté with shallots olive oil and a little butter. I deglaze the pan with a little red wine and add a splash of Worcester sauce. Season to taste.

Edmond, OK

·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,665
    That looks fantastic. Never ever apologize for being pic heavy with pics like that! 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • GoVolsGoVols Posts: 181
    I'll take a plate , looks great.
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
    ·