Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless, Stuffed, Cajun Chicken from Hebert's

Options
Pronounced    A-Bear's

I was in Tulsa last week and scored some boneless whole chickens from Hebert's.  This one is stuffed with Jambaylaya and it's the first one of this flavor that I've tried.
Cooked at 350° until IT of 167° indirect with a water pan.  Took about an hour or so.
I cut it into fourths because that is how they serve them in their restaurant.  Great Idea too. Really moist.
The brown small chunks are andouille sausage.  This is the best one I've tried but, it's the first one on the Egg so, I've got another one stuffed with crawfish that I'll try to see if it's the Egg or the stuffing.
I think you can order them from their website and have them shipped from Louisiana....
Turducken??? No thank you. I have my reasons and I'm sticking to them.  (I'm sure Nolaegg would disagree though)

imageimage
OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs

Comments

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    Who Dat!

Those are delicious. I make mine with shrimp & rice (precooked) as my stufing. That way, I do not have to worry about the chicken being too dry in order to have the stuffing fully cooked.

Enjoy:-)

NOLA Native
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I love that place
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    edited January 2014
    Options
    nolan8v
    I would love to be able to de-bone a chicken but, I've seen it done and it doesn't look easy.
    That shrimp and rice would be awesome too.

@tamu2009 Are you from Tulsa or South Louisiana?
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    I did a Turducken once. Ordered it from a Cajun butcher about an hour away. It was AWESOME on the Egg.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Logger
    Options

@Cymbaline65
    A "real" turducken or one that is a boneless turkey with chopped duck and chicken as the stuffing?
    A real one on their website is like 175 bucks.  I'd rather spend that kind of money on prime grade beef or Ozark Oak and a 18 pack of PBR bottles.

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm from east Texas but we have an Herbert's in my hometown. They stuffed chicken is one of my favorite things they offer.
    Their corn chowder is really good too and so are their stuffed mushrooms.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    Logger said:

@Cymbaline65
    A "real" turducken or one that is a boneless turkey with chopped duck and chicken as the stuffing?
    A real one on their website is like 175 bucks.  I'd rather spend that kind of money on prime grade beef or Ozark Oak and a 18 pack of PBR bottles.

Mine was a boneless duck stuffed into a boneless chicken stuffed into a boneless turkey. Stuffed with Andouille and Crawfish. I paid $75 I think and it fed 8 adults and 2 children with plenty of leftovers.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Logger
    Options
    Interesting...how did you cut it up and serve?