Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New toy just arrived......Thermapen!

Are these all they are cracked up to be?  I had a thermometer from Lowes and it seemed to do ok in larger cuts of meat but always inconsistent in smaller.  Ended up with over cooked food.....Hope this is a cure!  Good for steaks??

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,613
    edited January 2014
    Fantastic tool for steaks! Well worth the money.
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Only accessory that can be used with every cook. Great investment.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,875
    edited January 2014
    GETTER DONE! you won't  regret it. Remember, you want to cook to temperature, not tme.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,869
    You'll be amazed at the ways it can improve many things, not just overcooked meat. I use it for tea and coffee, they've never been better.
  • corey24corey24 Posts: 318
    So excited to start using it.......

• jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    Picked one up a few months ago and I have noticed the difference between the Thermapen and two other instant read thermos in same general price range. The Thermapen finds the temp a bit faster and with less bouncing around before it locks in the final temp. I am quite pleased with it so far. Hope you enjoy using yours!
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Many cooking shows use a thermopen.

I use it for soil, water heater, beer, freezer, fridge the list goes on and on.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,868
    Now that you have your thermapen, get yo ass to the butcher and buy a couple nice two inch thick steaks and cook them to temp!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • r2davis65r2davis65 Posts: 129
    Seems to be good tool.
    YEMTrey said:
    Now that you have your thermapen, get yo ass to the butcher and buy a couple nice two inch thick steaks and cook them to temp!
    Will happen this week for sure! Got a chicken for spatchcock, Pork Butt, & couple of steaks as well.  Most looking forward to trying a reverse sear using Thermapen.

• TackmanTackman Posts: 228
    If you are not feeling well, you can check your own temp with it. Upstairs, not downstairs. Then again, it's your thermapen, use it as you see fit...
    Cleveland, Ohio

• corb69corb69 Posts: 149
    Got one for Christmas. Can't wait for it too warm up so I can use it.