Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tex Mex Pizza (pics)

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
I made zipplylips wet dough on friday and ended up as a Tex Mex style Pizza tonight.  Going for some different flavors, so I used a little taco sauce for a base along with a can of drained Rotel.  Topped with some chicken chorizo/onion mixture and shredded mont jack & sharp cheddar.  Pulled off the egg and topped with romaine, fresh tomato, avocado, cilantro.  Drizzled some Fage greek yogurt (kicked up with cholula hot sauce) on the top.  Oh yeah - my slices got jalapeno too - good stuff!
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    That looks delicious!
    NW IOWA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice pies! I would love a couple of slices of each.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Good looking pie. Been too long since I've done one of those.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Looks really good!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Thanks. I hate to report this, but I made two dough balls on Friday and put one in the oven to test the flavor of the dough on Friday night. The oven 'za could have been best pie I have ever made.  I had the stone at 550 preheated for 40 mins on the top rack of the oven.  

My wife loved the oven pizza and asked me why I go outside in single digit weather?  Good question, but I still believe the eggs ability to get over 700+ opens to door for some amazing wet dough pizza - It is just sooo tough to become consistent.  Frustrating, reminds me of playing golf.  Trouble for me is getting the top cooked before the bottom burns.  You can see my crust got some serious color on the bottom but the top still looks a little pale (not  doughy) but it had a decent texture.  I guess practice makes perfect - and I am not ready to crown the oven champ just yet.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”