Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lets do this again but with a little twist.

Mini vs Small 

Yea I know there has been a thousand threads with this same discussion. 

What I want y'all to do is talk me into a Mini. I have a Large now and love it. I really only want another egg to cook on day to day. Something that does not take as long to heat up. Everything I read tells me that I should go for a Small as my second egg. I really want another one but I'm not sure my budget is going to allow a Small. If I went with a Mini am I going to regret it and wish I got the small.? What are some of the things that you can use a Mini for other than just grilling and searing? 

I mainly just cook for me and my wife right now. Mostly burger, chicken breast, pork chops and steak.

Is a Mini that great and useful?
Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE
·

Comments

• jhl192jhl192 Posts: 800
    I am an XL and Medium guy but for what you need it for a mini looks like a match. Plus it's portable.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE 
    ·
  • I'd go small, the mini is really mini. But hey, that's just me.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 166
    Large and a small work for me.  And as SoB said...the mini really is pretty mini.

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

·
  • Cm23Cm23 Posts: 106
    I have a large and a mini, love the mini for weekday dinners. Heats up fast and uses very little lump.
    2 Large, 1Mini -- Shenandoah, TX
    ·
  • tcampbelltcampbell Posts: 639
    Cm23 is right you'll love the mini its fast to heat up low lump use and cooks great but the small is a great cooker but get the mini.
    ·
  • Mini: Have one, love it and use it more than my 2 large eggs. It hits temp fast. You can cook everything on it. Affordable. Just a smaller version of all the bigger ones. You can pick it up without busting a nut.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,705
    Mini was my first egg....bought a large to go with it.
    Seattle, WA
    ·