Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Beef Tenderloin w/ Bérnaise Sauce

Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,251
edited January 26 in Beef
Grabbed a 6lb beef tenderloin from my local butcher in McDonough (T&T Meats) and followed the recipe on page 60 in the BGE Cookbook (Xmas gift from SIL). The only difference was that I used some slices of bacon to hold it together. Here it is after being rubbed down w/ olive oil, S&P, and wrapped.

Bérnaise sauce coming to boil.

Got my medium stabilized at 400°. Seared the meat on my CI grid, then placed it in the VRack, put the rack in an aluminum pan, and cooked to temp.

I'm the only one in my family that likes medium-rare, so instead of pulling at 130°, I pulled at 135°. After letting it rest for 15 minutes, I cut it in half and started serving. It was everything I hoped it would be. Melted in your mouth. The bacon was a perfect addition.

imageimageimage
Sorry for the random green bean...

Locust Grove, GA

ATL Sports Homer

Comments