Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Mini Trick

HotchHotch Posts: 1,476

Did chicken breasts on the Mini last night and had a hot spot on the grill so one was getting to temp fast. Went to relocate it and then realized all I had to do was spin the grid on the Woo. Did a rotate every 10 minutes. Chicken was great. Another lesson leared.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,060
    Mentally filed away for future reference. Thanks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • That's the beauty of the Egg for me. Something to learn with each cook. I find it reacts differently depending on weather conditions. Unlike a gasser, each cook is a learning eggsperinence.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    I rotate the grid when I cook on all of my eggs.  Every one of mine from mini to XL has a hot spot at the back.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Thanks for the heads up on this one. For some reason I always get a hot spot on my LBGE on high temp cooks at the hinge end of the grate.

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 1,410
    +1 to BOWHUNR....I never thought about just spinning the grate to make up for the backside hotspot on my XL.

Continuous learning.........

Thanks,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - Carrollton, KY  

1-XLBGE, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,315
    I'd also recommend spilling more food on that gasket.  ...  Showoff...   <:-P
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,970
    I'm a spinner, too.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,346
    I guess some of the best tricks are the simplest, why I never thought of that I don't know.  thanks for the post.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,476

I have learned a great amount from this forum and the members. Thanks to you guys.

I just try to pay it back if I can.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·