Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Mini Trick

HotchHotch Posts: 1,205

Did chicken breasts on the Mini last night and had a hot spot on the grill so one was getting to temp fast. Went to relocate it and then realized all I had to do was spin the grid on the Woo. Did a rotate every 10 minutes. Chicken was great. Another lesson leared.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 6,724
    Mentally filed away for future reference. Thanks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • That's the beauty of the Egg for me. Something to learn with each cook. I find it reacts differently depending on weather conditions. Unlike a gasser, each cook is a learning eggsperinence.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,433
    I rotate the grid when I cook on all of my eggs.  Every one of mine from mini to XL has a hot spot at the back.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Thanks for the heads up on this one. For some reason I always get a hot spot on my LBGE on high temp cooks at the hinge end of the grate.

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 1,091
    +1 to BOWHUNR....I never thought about just spinning the grate to make up for the backside hotspot on my XL.

Continuous learning.........

Thanks,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - Carrollton, KY  

1-XLBGE, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

IF IT AIN'T MOVIN', SMOKE IT !!!!!

·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,245
    I'd also recommend spilling more food on that gasket.  ...  Showoff...   <:-P
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    I'm a spinner, too.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,243
    I guess some of the best tricks are the simplest, why I never thought of that I don't know.  thanks for the post.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,205

I have learned a great amount from this forum and the members. Thanks to you guys.

I just try to pay it back if I can.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·