Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: muzzle loader hunting

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
Any muzzle loader hunters out there? I just picked up a Knight muzzle loader today, very excited!
Lynnwood WA

• Yes, I own a Hawkin half stock percussion that I made from scratch and a full stock flintlock.  I killed a lot of deer in the Lincoln Nat'l Forest, but quit hunting about 20 years ago.  I hadn't heard of a Knight rifle, but from the pictures, it looks like a modern rifle while still being a smoke pole.

Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,971
    Did you get one with the pellets? They are incredibly accurate- easily accurate to 150 yds and probably more (that's about as far as we need around here)
    Greensboro, NC
  • HankyorkeHankyorke Posts: 146
    Built a TC Hawken from their kit when I was 14. Still use it today.

• jbqjbq Posts: 25
    I have the thompson center (bone collector) and love it!! Wont go back to shotgun again