Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: muzzle loader hunting

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
Any muzzle loader hunters out there? I just picked up a Knight muzzle loader today, very excited!
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• Yes, I own a Hawkin half stock percussion that I made from scratch and a full stock flintlock.  I killed a lot of deer in the Lincoln Nat'l Forest, but quit hunting about 20 years ago.  I hadn't heard of a Knight rifle, but from the pictures, it looks like a modern rifle while still being a smoke pole.

Hawkin1.jpg 369.6K
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,482
    Did you get one with the pellets? They are incredibly accurate- easily accurate to 150 yds and probably more (that's about as far as we need around here)
    Greensboro, NC
  • HankyorkeHankyorke Posts: 146
    Built a TC Hawken from their kit when I was 14. Still use it today.

LBGE

BTFU!

• jbqjbq Posts: 25
    I have the thompson center (bone collector) and love it!! Wont go back to shotgun again