Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Murfreesboro event for charity

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
My Saturday usually brings more to my local cigar pub. Humidor on one side and beer bar beside it. Talked to the owner and they're interested in doing a charity event come spring. I've talked to the egg rep and they're interested in doing an event.

Friday nights our town has music on the square. ..so I'm thinking we could cook eggfest style for charity. They loved the idea. Any mid TN Eggers interested?

I'm going to go into planning mode. I believe the shoppe will buy the groceries and hopefully talk the dealer into some help. ..possibly a raffle. If I could get 3 or 4 eggs going we could get some apps going with pork cooked the night before. It'll be around 1000 folks. We could have fun and raise some money for a good cause.

The owners wife is wanting me to get a large in Salado. If we could get several eggs it'd be great. Surely I can get a mini to raffle.

Anyone interested? I'm not sure which charity but they do work with soldiers.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I would be interested, I'm just down the road in Manchester.  Just let me know what you need me to do and when.  Sounds like a great idea!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options

henapple said:
    My Saturday usually brings more to my local cigar pub. Humidor on one side and beer bar beside it. Talked to the owner and they're interested in doing a charity event come spring. I've talked to the egg rep and they're interested in doing an event. Friday nights our town has music on the square. ..so I'm thinking we could cook eggfest style for charity. They loved the idea. Any mid TN Eggers interested? I'm going to go into planning mode. I believe the shoppe will buy the groceries and hopefully talk the dealer into some help. ..possibly a raffle. If I could get 3 or 4 eggs going we could get some apps going with pork cooked the night before. It'll be around 1000 folks. We could have fun and raise some money for a good cause. The owners wife is wanting me to get a large in Salado. If we could get several eggs it'd be great. Surely I can get a mini to raffle. Anyone interested? I'm not sure which charity but they do work with soldiers.
    Hey, Henapple. I only have a medium but would be happy to jump in. Keep me in the loop. I'm just around the corner in Brentwood. Would be happy to do whatever.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• canman
    canman Posts: 52
    Options
    It sounds like a lot of fun. I am down in Tullahoma and only have an XL, which is hard to transport. I also have a ever changing work schedule, but if it could work out I would enjoy it. Keep us updated on the details.
    Tullahoma, Tennessee.