Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chorizo

I've had some in the fridge for quite a while. .still cryo but the date was on the cardboard package. I've been told chorizo will keep a long time. .ideas?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    It's usually a cured and smoked sausage. If it is then you will be fine. If it looks dry and is hard it's cured. If it isn't it will be mushy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 976
    edited January 2014
    Favorite!

Saute in a skillet for a long time, broken up like ground beef, until very well cooked. Drain.

Then, your options are open:

Sprinkle on top of nachos. Om nom nom.

Mix in with cream cheese for abts

Mix in with scrambled eggs for awesome breakfast tacos

Mix in with refried beans - serve with scrambled eggs for awesome breakfast tacos

Mix with shredded cheese and stuff pork or chicken.

Mix in with black beans, with a little pico de gallo to make them edible. :)

Good stuff! ( Very well done, carmelized little peices or the flavor isn't right)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,501
    If it is dry cured and hard like salami, tou should be good. Uncured, I would be very careful.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • Good point -

Spanish chorizo is like pepperoni, should be fine.

I was talking about Mexican raw chorizo.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,133
    Good point - Spanish chorizo is like pepperoni, should be fine. I was talking about Mexican raw chorizo.

If you're unsure but feel bad about throwing it out, just read the ingredients list.

You're welcome!    
    :D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,291
    I love mexican chorizo.

I make chori queso dip all the time.  Will be perfect for the big game next weekend.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,151
    Yem trey ,
    I love your Handle !
    I am a huge phan , have been for many years
    Toronto
    ·