Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Need recipes for my new Blendtec blender

Options
What are your best recipes?

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Here's one that I got from a YouTube video several years back

Ingredients
    • iPhone
    Directions
    • Blend on high for 30-60 seconds until it has a dust like texture.  

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    @cazzy - will it blend?

Options
    Breakfast

Ice
    Little water
    2 scoops protein powder..chocolate
    Peanut Butter
    Yogurt
    Banana

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    henapple said:
    Breakfast Ice Little water 2 scoops protein powder..chocolate Peanut Butter Yogurt Banana
    I am truly surprised, shocked and appalled. No mention of a Bloody Mary Mix or PBR, what kind of breakfast is that? 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited January 2014
    Options
    12 oz bacardi black (or Anejo.  Appleton Estates is also good)
    1 can coco lopez
    one half fresh pineapple.
    fill with ice

Blend til smooth.
    NOLA
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Here's one that I got from a YouTube video several years back

Ingredients
    • iPhone
    Directions
    • Blend on high for 30-60 seconds until it has a dust like texture.  

Beat me to it.  My iPhone4 really annoys me.  If not for the destruction of what little value it has, I think I'd like to see it blend.
  • Tbonez3858
    Tbonez3858 Posts: 102
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have a blendtech and love it. I will never buy another smoothie. This is my favorite recipe... 1 banana ... 1cup of strawberries.. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract... 1 scout of on whey (French vanilla).... Honey to taste... Four ice cubes.... RIDICULOUSLY GOOD..
  • leo123
    leo123 Posts: 101
    Options
    I have a vitamix but I search for vitamix recipes as well as blendtech recipes. You should also include search for vitamix. There are alot of video's for vitamix.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    A few years ago, I came across a recipe that recommended adding gelatin to very lean burgers to make them juicier. Worked OK w. bison. Not long ago, I found a similar recommendation, but it called for using onion juice to melt the gelatin. Out came the Blentec, in went a couple of onions, and a few minutes later, after the puree sat in a strainer, I had the onion juice. Adding that to the burger mix made for a great improvement.

I've been making my own stock for years, and although I've become pretty quick w. a knife, chopping all the vegetables for the mirepoix gets tedious. Will try this weekend to toss the onions, carrots and celery into the Blendtec, and use the juice as the stock base.
  • paqman
    Options
    @leo123 I received a nice recipe book in the blender package and they all look good. I am looking for the best recipes that have been tested by people here.

Right now, I am debating if I will try @henaple or @Tbonez3858 suggestion for breakfast.

@gdenby I have seen the recommendation to add gelatin into lean meat in a Cooks Illustrated Kafta recipe. I will try the onion juice trick for sure.

@buzd504 Thank you! I will try it this summer when it gets hot.

Options
    mint
    ice
    mango
    pineapple
    agave
    coconut water
    = glorious
    if you can use frozen fruit it is much better , Use your ice cream button on the Blendtec and it is sorbet  ,
    Nice creamy and fluffy !!  This is a summer one so it may have to wait but its truley delicious
    Toronto
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Man whatever you do don't fall for a recipe involving fruit, kale and an product called Green+. My wife started making them and I've had food poisoning that didn't leave me in the caibo for that long.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• paqman
    Options
    Thank you @pantsypants

LS - What do you think caused the food poisoning? The kale or the green+ ?

Options
    It wasn't food poisoning...it was something called "natural cleansing". Same thing as far as I could tell.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• paqman
    Options

It wasn't food poisoning...it was something called "natural cleansing". Same thing as far as I could tell.

Kale is actually not that bad but I never heard of that green+ stuff.

Options
    I add about 4-8 ounces of spinach to almost everything in my blendtec. It does change the color but adds no flavor.
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Greens + is disgusting. You should just mow you lawn and then eat that it will taste way better 
    Toronto
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    Have this for breakfast several days a week...

Frozen blueberries
    Almond butter
    Cinnamon
    Almond Milk
    Kefir
    Olive Oil 

I know the olive oil sounds odd, but it's fantastic.  
    Southern California