Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My name is Jason , and I'm an eggoholic...

Options
Well I have to say , just watched a few videos on various eggfests, and have to say I'm JEALOUS! Anything to do with BGE you lot have it. I have been a long time follower of this forum and made a few contributions, but being here in Oz is frustrating as the nearest dealer to me is in New Zealand , and they have a fraction of the Eggcessories. Before I croak it, I vow to visit a least one Eggfest. In the meantime everyone keep up Egging and spread the word . Rant over, back to the beer!

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    You can hit an eggfest on your RV trek across the USA :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    My name is Jason and I am also an Eggoholic.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Jason.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Hi Jason. Good share!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Good day, mate.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Jason, there were a couple of OZ guys on the other forum, OZEgg and An Egg Down Under and maybe one more that were active there at one point. Not being naïve enough to think that because they are on your continent they must be neighbours but you never know. They had gotten their eggs at Barbeques Galore before the plug was pulled.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

My name is Donnie, and I also am an eggaholic.

@AUSSIEPRIME....I feel your pain....I've been working 6+ days a week with long hours and have not got to go shopping since I got my egg.

My mouth waters as I see all the cool gadgets, eggcessories, and ideas that are available...

Have a good day,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• aussieprime
    Options

Jason, there were a couple of OZ guys on the other forum, OZEgg and An Egg Down Under and maybe one more that were active there at one point. Not being naïve enough to think that because they are on your continent they must be neighbours but you never know. They had gotten their eggs at Barbeques Galore before the plug was pulled.

I typed in "an egg downunder " and got a story about American women donating their eggs to Aussie women !
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    You will probably have to join the other forum. They have a members list that you can type the name of a member and pull their profile up. Then you can send an e-mail from there. I'll have a look and see if either of them have been active in a bit.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Smokin_Trout
    Options
    Admitting is the first step to quitting- but in this case quitting is losing, dont be a loser.
  • aussieprime
    Options
    Admitting is the first step to quitting- but in this case quitting is losing, dont be a loser.
    You're right, I'm an eggoholic and proud if it !
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Just made it to work, rubbed ribs in the fridge, lump loaded in the egg, snow falling heavily, 20F outside, waiting for 4pm to go and egg......yes, I am eggdicted !!!!!!

Have a good day all my egghead friends,

Donnie

• aussieprime
    Options
    Dedication, a badge to wear with pride!
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    See if you can get one of your local hardware stores interested in picking up the BGE line. Then help him out with a small eggfest demo.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• dldawes1
    Options
    @GK59.....this is something I would like to do this spring. No one sells Rockwood in my immediate area. I just wonder if I could get some good help from folks on this forum for guidance if I undertake that task ?????

GK59 said:
    See if you can get one of your local hardware stores interested in picking up the BGE line. Then help him out with a small eggfest demo.

I appreciate the thought,

Donnie

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    I may try to push my local dealer to make a bigger demo this spring.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI