Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best wing recipe?

I'm in the mood for some wings and I've seen some good ones on here: cazzy's, jalamango, etc- Anyone tried them all and what's your favorite?@griffin I know your a big wing fan- thoughts?
Greensboro, NC
·

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    @Dyal_SC's jalamango wings are outstanding... Haven't seen Dyal in a while. Hope he's alright.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • Necessary Indulgence's Sweet, Sticky, and Spicy wings.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • TMayTMay Posts: 87
    I use the recipe of the bottle of Obie Cue's Yankee Blaster, The only thing I do extra is to sprinkle more seasoning on the wings when I put them on the grill...
    Rowlett, Texas
    ·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    http://www.meatwave.com/blog/grilled-crispy-cajun-chicken-wings-recipe

I use this method as I a fan of dry crunchy wings . I use a different sauce though ( one like Arzp's The Chicken).

this is a house staple .
    Toronto
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    What kind of flavor profile are you looking for?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 466
    I'm in the same boat....can't decide whether I want to try jalamango or THE Chicken recipe for playoffs tomorrow.
    Athens, GA
    ·
  • These are by far the best wings I've ever had the pleasure to fix! I make them on a regular basis & never have had anyone say they didn't like em. http://shecookshecleans.net/2011/08/23/grilled-lemon-pepper-chicken-wings/
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,386
    @griffin I like them all- Asian, hot- may even do 2 types- sweeter with less heat for wife and kids
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,386
    I made the ones from Necessary Indulgences- they were really good. Next time I might cut back on the fish sauce/dilute with a little water as the salt content is pretty high. I would probably go a little heavier with the chili sauce. But a winner and one I will do again. I think adding some of dyal's mango chutney would also be a good mixture. Thanks for the suggestions everyone
    image.jpg 2.6M
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,431
    Those look great , @Wolfpack !! @Chris_Wang , I'm doing just fine. :) Life's been busy recently is all. Gonna try and get to the forum more often. :)
    ·
  • Bobby flay has a recipe for honey chipotle wings that are excellent. Only thing I do is cut the amount of honey a little bit. They are always a big hit

http://myitaliangrandmother.blogspot.com/2011/09/bobby-flays-chipotle-honey-glazed.html?m=1
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • My guys have enjoyed these   
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·