Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Day Off 2" Strip - Wow (good pics too!)

Options
Greetings friends,

A rare day off for me. Time to celebrate. Pics tell the story of a 2" New York Strip reverse sear, rosemary scented brown rice, charred celery stalks with aged balsamic and walnut oil, organic blackberries, and a 2002 Wellington Syrah. If you look quickly at the "rest" pic, you can read a reverse Ceramic Grill Works logo. Love that swing grate.

Wish you were here.
8-Damien

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice pix, good cook.
    Seattle, WA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    that steak looks great.

I'd like to hear more about the charred celery.  I've never tried that.
    NOLA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That is a thick steak. Everything looks great!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    In a couple of months I'll be posting pics (if I can) of some that I'm starting to dry age this weekend. USDA Prime! Just can't get that here. Fell upon a few primals. :-\"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    that steak looks great.

I'd like to hear more about the charred celery.  I've never tried that.

I didn't let it go on long enough. Really wanted it to wilt more. But, maybe I'd add shaved almonds or pistachios next time, other than that it's pretty good. I expect if I were entertaining id do it with the leaves on, sort of like a romain heart.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    You can keep the celery... I'll take the rest. Nice cook.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm gonna try the celery... everything looks good
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Biggreeneggy
    Biggreeneggy Posts: 11
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I wonder how well that celery would go with some wings?
    Large Egg - Loudon County, VA.
  • terry_b
    terry_b Posts: 68
    Options
    Looks great. I never get tired looking at great steak pics.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the Swing Grate. Glad to hear you are happy with it. My hesitation is that I can't decide to get it for my large or my small for when we travel. They are too expensive to buy two of them (for me). 

Had another awesome meal at your restaurant a few weeks ago. That place is fantastic. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Hi54putty said:

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the Swing Grate. Glad to hear you are happy with it. My hesitation is that I can't decide to get it for my large or my small for when we travel. They are too expensive to buy two of them (for me). 

Had another awesome meal at your restaurant a few weeks ago. That place is fantastic. 
    Let me know when you come in to the restaurant!!!

If you like I'm totally cool with lending you my large swing grate for a week or two to see if you like it. I can just do some raised directs and low and slows.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Z_Eggineer
    Options

Let me know when you come in to the restaurant!!! If you like I'm totally cool with lending you my large swing grate for a week or two to see if you like it. I can just do some raised directs and low and slows.
    Do you own a restaurant?  I guess it makes sense...
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options

Hi54putty said:

If you like I'm totally cool with lending you my large swing grate for a week or two to see if you like it. I can just do some raised directs and low and slows.

Do you own a restaurant?  I guess it makes sense...

No no no. FOH.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options

Hi54putty said:

That's a very nice offer but I wouldn't do that. I really just can't decide what size to get. I need to just make up my mind and get on with it. I will let you know next time I come in.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC