Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a beautiful sight...

11 degrees feels like -5 Snow on the ground and just eggin away On the way to a 200 - 225 egg for some bbq ham for a nice family dinner Haven't had the opportunity to egg in a few months All is well now We are back at egging again

Comments

• busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    My favorite time of the year to bbq is in winter even though I do it more so in the summer.  Love egging at 0 degrees!
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    It unbelievable that the egg can funtion, at a very high level, in the extreme cold weather. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    busmania said:

My favorite time of the year to bbq is in winter even though I do it more so in the summer.  Love egging at 0 degrees!

Mine too!
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Definitely takes sometime to heat everything up I wanna smoke some cheese Thinking about the amaze n smoker.... Anyone use one of these nifty gadgets?
  • Yep. Best $35-40 investment you could make. Great for cheese, bacon, salmon, and I'm sure a lot more that I haven't attempted.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I have no intention of setting foot anywhere near my egg at these temps. I used to, but the bloom is off the rose. Too cold for blooming roses! Haven't used the egg since before Christmas. Perfectly happy with indoor cooking. I'll look at the "beautiful sight" thru my kitchen window.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Yep, its going to get cold here too, gona be below  40 for two days...
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Ya it's cold here but.... I can't go more than about 2 weeks without cooking on the egg.Same when I only had a gasser.
    I always laugh at the term "grilling season'. Is that not from Jan 1 until Dec 31.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI