Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What are you planning to cook for the Super Bowl?

Yes, I know it is still a ways off, but what are you planning on cooking for the Super Bowl?  
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Pulled Beef! Unorthodox for sure but I have been having a hankering for it for quite some time so that is what we are having. Kind of a mexican themed/fajita type deal is the plan. Maybe some pig candy just for giggles.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,980
    Horse shoulder and pot brownies. I'm kidding on both of those. The wife accepted a superbowl invitation. 3rd year in a row without asking me. Off the hook for cooking, but I might bring a buffalo wing dip or something. Not that I really care much about the game.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Whole pig on the XL and the pigs head on the small if it doesn't fit with the head on.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,279
    rholt said:
    Pulled Beef! Unorthodox for sure but I have been having a hankering for it for quite some time so that is what we are having. Kind of a mexican themed/fajita type deal is the plan. Maybe some pig candy just for giggles.

Funny, because I've been wanting to do a variation on this:  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1160577/semi-pulled-beef-and-pepperoncini-peppers
    NOLA
    ·
  • Wish I could get a small suckling that would fit on my small :)

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,242
    edited January 2014
    I'll be cooking with a suckling henapple
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,053

I'm going with a low and slow pork butt cook then FTC while I do some ABT's, Pork Shots and my wives  new favorite Bacon wrapped stuffed dates.

Chuck King

Dimondale, Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com  

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Will be in Cabo San Lucas so no cooking for me. I am looking for somewhere to go though while I'm there and watch the game.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,854
    edited January 2014
    buzd504 said:

rholt said:

Funny, because I've been wanting to do a variation on this:  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1160577/semi-pulled-beef-and-pepperoncini-peppers

@buzd504 Do yourself a favor and buy 2 chuckies if you are wanting different flavors. I lost a lot of moisture when I split the one big one.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,279
    edited January 2014
    @buzd504 Do yourself a favor and buy 2 chuckies if you are wanting different flavors. I lost a lot of moisture when I split the one big one.

thanks.  I'm mostly interested in the pepperocini variant.  I have a bunch of venison in the freezer for soup meat.  The peppered pulled meat sounds great.
    NOLA
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Thinking Wings will be appropriate for the comercial watching!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·