Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: Picked up a Chromebook

Our home computer needs are very very minimal. $300 bucks ain't bad, works pretty slick. Anyone else own one?
·

Comments

• njlnjl Posts: 797
    You can get some reasonably decent full fledged notebook PCs with 500gb-1tb drives and >=6gb RAM for less than double that.  The chromebook has very little internal storage, no?
    ·
  • It only has 16gb. Agreed you can get decent ones for double the price, I didn't want to pay double the price as all we use it for is printing from the internet, surfing the internet when our phones aren't big enough to read, and for accessing our stored files.

I have been using the cloud a lot more and really like the use of it.
    ·
  • TackmanTackman Posts: 223
    Thought about getting a Chromebook myself. Decided on a tablet instead. Really like the tablet. Use it constantly.
    Cleveland, Ohio
    ·
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,174
    It's funny to me how Microsoft completely screwed themselves with windows 8. Now there's a complete. Vacuum for decent entry level laptops. Just my opinion.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    ·
  • I think you did right Fletch.  Computers as we know them..are on the way out.  My desktop is simply used as a media storage device(8TB) to stream TV Shows, Movies, and Music to any one of our 3 Apple TV's

·
  • I own a chromebook for 6 months now. Its learning curve is soft, but you need to get used to having your files in the cloud. Also, the apps availability is not that straight forward if you are really used to certain software.
    On the hardware side, is really fast, but the graphical interface/card is not top notch.
    ·
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 172
    Bought a Chrome for my wife to use basically for the internet.  Starts quickly and has not had one problem in six months.  Will probably buy another for me when my tablet dies out.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·