Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello everyone! I'm new

Hi everyone.  I'm new to the forum and to the Big Green Egg "lifestyle".  I purchased the XLBGE, Backyard Chef Edition Table, AR, and Woo 2 combo on Friday January 10th.  The following Sunday I cooked 3 racks of baby back ribs and 10lbs of chicken wings.  The ribs were cooked at 220 for about 4 hours.  They were not as tender as I would have liked so I think that I need to put them in foil for a period of time next time.  The wings were done raised direct at 400 degrees and were excellent.  I then did a few chicken breast on Tuesday which were so moist, I just couldn't believe it.  Saturday night I put an 8lb pork butt on at 8:45pm anywhere from 240-260 degrees.  It reached 195 at 7am Sunday.  I then wrapped it in foil, towel and into the cooler for 3 hours.  I have NEVER had pulled pork so good in my life.  I didn't even put any sauce on it other than "Myron's butt rub" which I got from the store.  Sunday afternoon I cooked 2 spatchcock chickens. Raised direct at 400 degrees. Unbelievable!  I did spend a ton of money on this set up.  I truly think that it is one of the best investments that I have ever made.  What a great week of cooking and drinking beers.  I'm located in Maryland.  I'm watching it snow and wondering what I should put on "the green gazoo" today.  She loves her pet name too!

I look forward to exchanging ideas and learning from everyone on this post.  Everything that I have cooked so far was a result of time spent here learning how to do it.

Thanks for all of the upcoming support!
Chester, MD

Comments