Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table for Large BGE

Options
wrobs
wrobs Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PICT0025.jpg
<p />I am new here to the BGE forum and thought I would share a couple pics of the table I built for my large. Many thanks to The Naked Whiz for the photos on his site that gave me the inspiration.[p]PICT0022.jpg[p]Shows all my junk... the big tubs store the lump and wood chips. Look forward to learning more from all the "experienced" eggers and sharing ideas/recipes.[p]wrobs

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    nice! I need to make a new table and like the idea of doing it with square tubing. I made a brewery many years ago with steel tubes and it is still in good shape. The table I bought with my BGE is a little over a year old and is showing signs of major wear. ( This could be attributed to the under sized wheels and addition of a small to the same table). Thanks for the pics.
    Cheers, Bob
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    wrobs,
    That's one beautiful table! Congrats. and welcome aboard.....

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    wrobs,
    Beautiful table! Looks like stained pine with spar varnish?
    Welcome and if you can post some pic's of your cookin we do enjoy that. Any questions- this forum will help.
    Have fun,
    Clay Q

• wrobs
    Options
    Clay Q,
    The wood is Western Red Cedar(Rough-Cut 2x6) except for the thin shelf to the right, which is Eastern White Cedar. You are correct on the Spar Urethane finish... six coats worth![p]wrobs

• wrobs, just curious. I have my egg on a stand so I can put a bucket directly under the egg to remove the ashes. When you have the egg sitting on a shelf as seen in your picture, how do you remove the ashes? Vacuum?[p]Have always wondered when I see pics like yours. By the way, VERY nice job. I am very envious since I am not a do-it-yourselfer....I don't know which end of the screwdriver I'm supposed to hit the nail with!!!!!!!!!!![p]Hugh Jass
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Hugh Jass,
    whats a screwdriver???
    Why do you put good Vodka on a nail????

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    I think you should put the ceramic feet under the egg otherwise I would expect 'burn thru' to the wood underneath the tile piece.[p]Toy Man
  • irishrog, as my mother used to say, "sounds like a person after my own heart"![p]hehehe[p]Hugh Jass
  • PeterInSeattle
    Options
    Toy Man,
    Agreed. And when you do put the feet on, you will need to get a bigger square for the barrier between the egg and the wooden shelf. I use a one and one-half or two inch thick square paver. Feet just fit.

• wrobs
    Options
    Toy Man,
    That is actually a piece of stone about 1-1/2" thick. I cut out about 3/4" to inlay it into the table. The guy that cut it was supposed to make it 14x14 but it came out 12x12 and I decided to use it anyway. The base of the stone doesn't even feel warm when I fired it up to sear some steaks so I think it will be okay.[p]wrobs