Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Pork Butt

FaceDanceFaceDance Posts: 70
Happy NFL Conference Sunday!  To celebrate the occasion (in addition to a bday celebration for the MIL and SIL) I decided to attempt my first pork butt.  It's been a little over a month of egg ownership and I figured it's about time.

8.5lb bone in Boston Butt, scored, rubbed w/ a homemade rub (somewhat followed Elder Ward's recipe on Naked Whiz), egg set to 225 w/ platesetter legs up, drip pan w/ water, and some cherry and hickory chips.  I got up at 5am to light the fire and put the butt on around 5:30am.  It's been four hours and the IT is approx 130 degrees.  Going to pull at 195… hoping for about 12 hours in total so we can eat around 6:30pm.  So far so good…

South Florida - Large BGE (DOB:  12/07/2013)

Comments