Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bad Byron's butt

LoosemooseLoosemoose Posts: 295
This is the first butt I've done with Bad Byron's butt rub and the flavor was fantastic. The only complaint I had was where we rubbed it on heavy it got very salty!
Next time I guess we rub it a little less.
Nowhere Indiana

Comments

• EggoMaticEggoMatic Posts: 130
    Looks good!
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 720
    Got my first butt going as well, also used Bad Byron's. I have a pretty good homemade rub but thought I'd try the trusted true for the first one.
    NW IOWA
  • Thanks @EggoMatic

@Philly35 please let me know how yours turned out and if you rubbed it heavy or light.
    Nowhere Indiana
    I rubbed it heavy. I tried a peice of the bark before I FTC, and it was salty for sure. I've heard that Bad Byron's is salty, hopefully it's just right after it is pulled and mixed in. It's gotta rest for 45 more minutes! Can't wait! That bite was tasty though!
    NW IOWA
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,699
    That's the thing about bark. ..Once it's mixed in it levels out. That's why I go easy on my ribs. I'm sure it will be great.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    It was awesome! It definitely leveled out. Overall it was nce and tender, juicy. Could of used more flavor but not bad for a first attempt at all.
    NW IOWA
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,699
    Nice job...happy it worked out
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Philly35 said:

It was awesome! It definitely leveled out. Overall it was nce and tender, juicy. Could of used more flavor but not bad for a first attempt at all.

Good deal, I'm guessing I just don't mix everything up good enough.
    I'm going to get some of those bear paws and give up on the two forks.

Nowhere Indiana
  • It was awesome! It definitely leveled out. Overall it was nce and tender, juicy. Could of used more flavor but not bad for a first attempt at all.
    Good deal, I'm guessing I just don't mix everything up good enough. I'm going to get some of those bear paws and give up on the two forks.
    Got these for Christmas, I like them better than the bear paws.  http://www.meatrake.com/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • +1 on Bad Byron's
    -1 on meatrake