Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza dough

GoVolsGoVols Posts: 180
Looking for a simple pizza dough recipe
Tim Rickman,Tn.
·

Comments

• 500g bread Flour
    1tbs Yeast
    16g Salt
    350g Water

Mix and let sit for 18 Hours in room temp.

Makes 2 servings

Crispy bottom, fluffy top. I know most don't use grams, but if you have a kitchen scale it helps. It's a wet dough, but it is worth the extra effort to work.

Never ever use a rolling pin. Stretch by hand and you will be rewarded. I made some this morning, pics will be posted tomorrow night.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

·
  • This a pic of the last one. No Dagny Girl did not get any. She is a great dog, but not that good.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,987
    Flour Water Salt Yeast. ..A great book. Simple? Once you do a few. Great dough and bre5
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,462
    Attached is a PDF for the dough recipe I use.  I like that you make it up and leave in the refrigerator to use any time you want for up to 2 weeks.  I also like that it makes an excellent crust
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    Olive oil dough from artisan bread in 5 minutes. Did it last night. Amazing.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Griffin said:
    Olive oil dough from artisan bread in 5 minutes. Did it last night. Amazing.
    Same recipe I use

Rochester, NY
    ·
  • Thanks for posting. I am going to try this weekend. 

I have tried pizza in the past with store bought dough and every time it gets way too smokey. After reading several other posts and watching some YouTube videos I think I know what I am doing wrong.... not waiting long enough, controlling temp with top wheel vent etc. 

Any other tips you have would be great. I also want to try homemade bread but I want to master the pizza first. 

Thanks for the help
    ·
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 793
    I've had good luck with the recipe on the biggreenegg website. @bwendt - As for the smokey taste, have you done a clean burn recently?
    XL BGE; Medium BGE 
    ·
  • butertbutert Posts: 180
    How long do you let the crust rise @cookinbob?
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
    ·
  • TinyfishTinyfish Posts: 864
    This is what I use

·
    butert said:

How long do you let the crust rise @cookinbob?

Maybe 30 minutes. Raises and relaxes
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 404
    :-bd
    Large Egg with adjustable rig and various Weber's
    Floyd Va
    ·