Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No rise pizza dough-scratch pie in 45 minutes!

Options
Got a craving for pizza but no dough handy? No problem!! According to this, you can make scratch dough, bake the pie and be eating it in 45 minutes! I just came across this dough recipe and have not tried it... but I sure will!! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• BobsBGE
    BobsBGE Posts: 99
    Options
    Let us know how it turns out.  Quick pizza dough would be great if it's tasty.
    Fayetteville, Ga
  • msocko3
    msocko3 Posts: 35
    Options
    Looks like a dough my wife makes, if your into thin and crsip its the bomb.
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    I wonder how that would do in my firebrick oven. I use an olive oil dough recipe, but it has to rise 2 hours before use. I might have to try this next time. Or course, it takes me a good 1 1/2-2 hours to get the oven up to temp so its not like I don't have time to let the dough rise. 

ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I tried this tonight.  Last minute decision to make pizza.  It was OK, not the greatest dough I have ever had but certainly passable in a pinch.  5 or 6 mins at 550F and it crisped up nicely.  I follow the instructions but the dough sat for more like 30 mins than 10.  I was hoping to post a picture but my wife got it cut and out to the boys before I could get one so next time.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.