Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

No rise pizza dough-scratch pie in 45 minutes!

Got a craving for pizza but no dough handy? No problem!! According to this, you can make scratch dough, bake the pie and be eating it in 45 minutes! I just came across this dough recipe and have not tried it... but I sure will!! 

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

·

Comments

• BobsBGEBobsBGE Posts: 99
    Let us know how it turns out.  Quick pizza dough would be great if it's tasty.
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • msocko3msocko3 Posts: 29
    Looks like a dough my wife makes, if your into thin and crsip its the bomb.
    ·
  • I wonder how that would do in my firebrick oven. I use an olive oil dough recipe, but it has to rise 2 hours before use. I might have to try this next time. Or course, it takes me a good 1 1/2-2 hours to get the oven up to temp so its not like I don't have time to let the dough rise. 

ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
    ·
  • gmacgmac Posts: 557
    I tried this tonight.  Last minute decision to make pizza.  It was OK, not the greatest dough I have ever had but certainly passable in a pinch.  5 or 6 mins at 550F and it crisped up nicely.  I follow the instructions but the dough sat for more like 30 mins than 10.  I was hoping to post a picture but my wife got it cut and out to the boys before I could get one so next time.
    Mt Elgin Ontario
    ·