Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

bacon frustration

fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 868
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
So put the bacon on this morning witht the Amaz smoker. Got it going for a while, went to church, came bavka and didnt see thw typical smoke, thought it had gone out, nope, the pellets caught fire and started cooking the bacon.

I know it didnt ruin it, just frudtrated it isn't how I wanted it.
·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    go ahead and hot smoke it, to 150 it.  should still be good but its not cold smoked good.

·
  • My bacon always turns out perfect. I buy it in large quantities at costco
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,855
    You can salvage it. Shouldn't went to church.

Lol jk broski. . :))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,210
    Hmm...that is really odd. How long was it smoldering before you left? I've had mine quit burning after only a couple minutes and I've relit it to make sure it had a good start, but never had it light back up on me.
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I had the same issue with pellets going out. I had success when I loaded up the tray with pellets and put it in the oven at 200 for 20 minutes to dry it out. Then I hit it with the torch and let the flame really burn good for 15 minutes before blowing it out.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 868
    edited January 2014
    @henapple, no biggie.

Just pulled it and fried some up, delicious. Better than the last batch.

Threw it in the fridge so I can slice it up on the new slicer.

Now we will have 15lbs of cottage bacon.
    ·