Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT beer?

So living here on the rock I'm limited on my beer variety to only what the liquor store supplies as beer clubs don't ship alcohol to your home unfortunately but I did get these three. Anyone familiar with them? The taller one is called la fin du monde from Quebec and is very tasty but strong at 9% alc , I didn't realize this till I felt funny on only a half beer....lol.

Just downloaded the beer buddy app and they all rated well:)

Jamie
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    **** here is the pic

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824

Le Fin du Monde is great.  Fuller's makes a good product as well, although I haven't tried that particular flavor.
    NOLA
  • CANMAN1976
    buzd504 said:

Le Fin du Monde is great.  Fuller's makes a good product as well, although I haven't tried that particular flavor.

Yes it's quite good but tastes like banana ...very different!!

• CANMAN1976
    La fin du monde is great but I may be too wasted to try the others....lol
    http://youtu.be/G0XJ_AB5OQo

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    It's not like the end of the world or anything ( pun intended) but they are owned by Sleeman Brewing which is owned by Sapporo so you are drinking Japanese beer.

Gerhard
  • La Fin du Monde is great.  There is actually a good amount of craft beer in Japan, but hard to get it here.

I love Fuller's brewery.

Not a big fan of weiss/wheat beer.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

The End of the World. I like all the beers they have. Can't member my favorite. Maybe Tres Pistoles.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I don't know how far out of reach you are from where they sell yuengling, but if you ever get to where they sell it, but it and smuggle more home!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

• La Fin Du Monde is v. good beer.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Which one had banana character? The Fullers? That would surprise me unless they changed yeast. The Weiss could certainly have some banana or clove notes. Many German Weiss beers do and it's characteristic of the style. The flavour comes from the yeast. Most folks aren't aware that the majority of beer flavours are actually derived for the yeast n Fin du monde is very nice for a Belgian strong beer (and I know it's not from Belgium, thats the style). I brew some nice Belgian blonde ales using their yeast and I love it. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a decent micro open up on the Rock. They seem to be everywhere here now adays.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    An other nice beer app is UNTAPPD. Its like facebook for you beers. You can "check in to" a beer, rate it, and such. And then your friends can see what you are drinking and share your thoughts on the beers. I have had 346 different beers since I started using it in August 2013.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • CANMAN1976
    gmac said:
    Which one had banana character? The Fullers? That would surprise me unless they changed yeast. The Weiss could certainly have some banana or clove notes. Many German Weiss beers do and it's characteristic of the style. The flavour comes from the yeast. Most folks aren't aware that the majority of beer flavours are actually derived for the yeast n Fin du monde is very nice for a Belgian strong beer (and I know it's not from Belgium, thats the style). I brew some nice Belgian blonde ales using their yeast and I love it. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a decent micro open up on the Rock. They seem to be everywhere here now adays.
    la fin du monde had the banana character along with clove and pear..I like it.