Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monster Pork Chops!

Options
porta
porta Posts: 88
Pork Chops were on sale at Publix, So i called and told them to cut me some thick one's. Ended up w/ 3 so I had left overs for today. Brushed w/ melted butter and seasoned w/ DP Red Eye Express. Put them on for a sear at 600 degrees for 2 minutes per side, let the Egg come down to 350 and took another 4-5 min. a side to reach 135ish I.T. (verified via thermapen) and of course they were delicious! Well, here's some pics :)

Pre-seasoning

After 2 minute sear per side

Done! 135ish I.T. let rest for 5-10 minutes

68% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Wow...pretty.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nice! Any cut shots?
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Look great. Ome of my favorite restaurants in town serves a thick cut on in chop grilled with a bbq sauce and then topped with a jalapeño pimento cheese. Delicious
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Good night Ilean, that would turn over Fred Flintstones car.  :))

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Great looking chop and cook!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • porta
    porta Posts: 88
    Options
    @eggcelsior - No :( it's easy to take pictures before/during/directly after a cook. I find it very difficult to put the knife down and take a picture.... From now on I here by pledge to take a picture before stuffing my face! Starting tonight w/ my spatchcock!
    68% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    porta said:
    @eggcelsior - No :( it's easy to take pictures before/during/directly after a cook. I find it very difficult to put the knife down and take a picture.... From now on I here by pledge to take a picture before stuffing my face! Starting tonight w/ my spatchcock!
    I find posting a pic of what's behind the curtains helps us visualize how awesome it tasted.  In addition, it shows us the detail that went into the cook.  I want the one on the right in your second to last pic.  Looks like perfection!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Excellent.  Try marinating them in Dichichos Garlic, that is my favorite way to do chops.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    =D> Them's some purty chops. You done good. Nice choice going thicker.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Those look fantastic! I will be doing some of those this week as my Dad will be in town and its his favorite meal. I've done them before but I did reverse sear after some hickory smoke with a honey mustard glaze. Might have to try your method this time. Great job!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Wow. Nice chops
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.