Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gave Egrets chili a shot

It was really nice. I really liked the smoked wood flavor all thru the chili.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Looks great! How spicy is it? SWMBO and kiddos involved and spicy isn't their thing.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Bhens
    Bhens Posts: 45
    My 4 yr old and 6 yr old sons loved it. wife not so much she is a wimp.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    My wife likes "her chili" better, smh.  I love Egret's recipe, it was awesome and not too spicy, although I did leave out the dried chilies.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I made it once. Left out half the hot stuff. Still too spicy for me.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Yes sir!!  That's my favorite chili!!  :))
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Good Lord John! Are you still trying to get people to believe that stuff is chili . . . it's stew!

You continue to tout that as chili. I don't understand.

Although I must say it does have just a tiny bit of a tingle from your spice palette. Not a manly taste like my real chili! 
  • egret
    Sundown said:
    Good Lord John! Are you still trying to get people to believe that stuff is chili . . . it's stew!

Although I must say it does have just a tiny bit of a tingle from your spice palette. Not a manly taste like my real chili! 
    Excuse me, Mr. Sunburn!! Remember this? 
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    egret said:
    Sundown said:

The only way for you to win was to cheat or, have your minions do the cheating for you!

I know you can't take the heat from real chili so you win. Feel better now?
  • egret
    Sundown said:
    egret said:
    Sundown said:

The only way for you to win was to cheat or, have your minions do the cheating for you!

I know you can't take the heat from real chili so you win. Feel better now?
    :):)) Don't need to cheat when the competition is so lame!! Even your best buddy didn't vote for that mess you cooked up!!??  :):))