Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili cook off, using the EGGfest Chili recipe with a twist/Dizzy Pig

image I have entered into my first Chili cook off. I'm going to use the EGGfest Chili recipe with a twist. Here's what I'm thinking of using: 6 ounces applewood-smoked bacon (about 7 slices) 2 cups diced yellow onions 2 cups diced celery 2 tablespoons minced garlic. Fresh 2 pounds ground chuck 80%\20% 1⁄4 cup Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust (I love this stuff) 1⁄4 cup chili powder 2 tablespoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 2 teaspoons dried oregano 11⁄2 cups beef stock 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes 2 (14-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed 1 (14-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Texas Pete sauce 2 chipotle peppers in adobo Grated Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced scallions, and sour Cream- for toppings. Anything I'm missing? I'll post pictures of the cooking of the chili tomorrow.

Comments