Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

unwanted can/bottle of beer clarification

2»

Comments

• I can be a beer snob at times and enjoy the craft beers and microbrews but I regretfully admit my go-to day in day out beer is just plain old Bud Light. But anything left in the fridge is my favorite. The best beer is free beer.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Tjcoley said:

Lite beer is like sex in a canoe.

Love that joke. My only problem with it is that sex in a canoe sounds like it could be fun. Drinking light beer...? Not so much really.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    There is no such thing as a beer you cannot use, you might not want to drink it, but you can cook with it. 
    All lights and any name brand beers are excellent for beer batter. 
    Equal parts beer to flour and for every 250 ml of beer (about a cup?) add 15 ml (1 Tbs) baking powder. Whisk together and let stand at room temp for two hours before using. Can even be made with club soda, but near beer is better. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    For over a year, since the frat house moved in across the street, I've occasionally come home to what I call, "Cop Beer." Cases of Budweiser PBR and any other cheap beer you can imagine. All left of my front porch by thoughtful police officers after busting underage drinkers! Good cops doing a job no one wants to do. I support my local police!

That would almost be worth living across the street from a frat house.
    Almost.  

:(

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Well I have a friend who drinks only Bud light, but will drink Coors or Mich Ultra if there is nothing else.  If I have too much "left beer", I just invite him over.  I always have two kegs of home brew on tap, and a few interesting micros in the fridge for me.  On the other hand, if it is a hot day at the beach and I am going to be drinking all day, I'll take Coors Light over water.  In reality, there aren't many beers I just won't drink.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I think all beers have a time and a place. When its 105+ outside and no wind, when the dogs run out to pee and go staright back to the door, those are the days for a light beer or a cerveza. Don't try and tell me Guiness or a heavy beer is the best beer in the world on that day. Just hand me a near frozen light beer (preferably the best light beer in the world, Lone Star Light) straight from the cooler and I'll recline on a float until I can no longer keep my balance and fall in.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095

That's like Clinton not inhaling...
    But he did suck on it hard

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• BakerMan
    BakerMan Posts: 159
    RRP said:
    I happen to have just the opposite problem. I will drink an occasional beer, but I have Sam Adams, Guinness and some other brands left in my bar frig that I personally can't stand. Guess I should just throw them out, huh?
    Pour yourself a black & tan.  I have a few friends that hate stout beer but now enjoy a black & tan after I poured them one.  BTW the Guinness needs to be from a can not a bottle.  The bottled Guiness won't work.
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • BakerMan
    edited January 2014
    Lite beer is like sex in a canoe.

Come on Eggcelsior you gotta tell the whole joke for the young people...

What do Coors Lite and making love in a canoe have in common?

They are both f%^king close to water!

:))
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • BakerMan
    Hey, how would life be if you could not complain about:
    Schlitz
    PBR
    Stroh's
    Falstaff
    Black Label
    Schaefer
    Iron City 
    Knickerbocker Natural
    Wisconsin Club
    Blatz
    Grain Belt
    Hamm's
    Schoenling
    Gennessee
    Schmidt
    Little Kings
    Mickeys Malt Liquor
    Colt 45
    Rolling Rock
    etc.

Its funny to see these beers listed.  These are from a bar my Dad worked in when I was a kid (60s).  I found these 8 years after he passed away when I was going through a box of his stuff.

• BakerMan
    I never have this problem at my house.  I have a rule -"No Cheap Beer".  I simply explain to them I'm not feeding you "on sale hot dogs" when you come over to hang out so don't bring cheap beer.  I think the food must be OK because most of them bring good bourbon or scotch when they come.  In case they still don't get it the bottle opener on my Egg table spells it out.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    I'm pretty easy when it comes to beer.  I go back and forth and drink all different kinds.  Favorite is probably Shiner Bock, but love a lot of the other Shiner offerings too.  Also love Corona especially in the summer.  And I usually have some Miller Lite or regular Coors or Budweiser on hand as a staple.  Only ones I don't like that I can think of are like the OP, Michelob Ultra and then Bud Light.  Rest assured however I won't ever throw anything out.  

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Griffin. ..I've never had Lone Star Light. Bring a 12 to Salado.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    henapple said:

In the tall boy camoflauged cans!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• I'm trying to square a "light" beer and the "national beer of Texas". Those don't seem to go together. The only light beer I think is decent is Sam Adams or Yeungling.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    We used to have a camp, and somebody brought a case of Milwaukee's Best.  It was still there when we sold the camp 5 years later - half a beer was the most anyone could stand.    Ditto for "Natural Light".  Those are two I would toss.

XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • henapple
    Griffin said:

henapple said:

In the tall boy camoflauged cans!!

where's it at...I can't see it.

=))
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I'm trying to square a "light" beer and the "national beer of Texas". Those don't seem to go together. The only light beer I think is decent is Sam Adams or Yeungling.

This guy knows what's going on. Only light beers worth drinking.
  • henapple
    Too sweet
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    After a few leaded beers today, I am still unable to get a handle on light/unleaded/lite beers.  {perhaps I am missing the market message).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    I'm enjoying a Calfkiller "scorned hooker".