Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Brother's gift

Options

My brother who is four years older to the day, bought me a new accessory for my hobby.  The Dual Probe Wireless temp, I currently have a Boston butt on the LGBE to try it out.  Sorry no picts of the cook, I don't have good lighting outside and started after dark. 

Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Post some finished pics. The Wireless probe is great for pulled pork.
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    Nice!

Who manufactures this for BGE?

Is it a Maverick re-branded?

I look forward to your review of this as I am looking at purchasing a remote setup.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Yeah it is a Maverick. I think it is the 732. Not positive on that. My dad looked at them a while back. Definitely a big help on all longer cooks.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Holepuncher
    Options
    And they always talk about  big brothers being so mean.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    The pic looks just like my Maverick 732.  If your probe fails (one of mine did) you should be able to replace with Maverick probes available at Amazon among other places.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options

Ok, The monitors worked as advertised.  I would like a little different clip to hang it with, but because it is serving two purposes I can't really complain.  The instructions could use a little more ink.  The Range worked great for me but I live in a small house near the beach, so there is not much interference. 

The  Cook:

8lb pork but cooked at 250 dome and 250-160 grate temp, indirect with a drip pan, cook for 14 hours and pulled at 185F FTC for four hours while I grilled for a birthday party at the beach.  Surf was small and cold, water temp 56F, air temp 76, and sunny.

• Texansurf
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    Post some finished pics. The Wireless probe is great for pulled pork.

I posted the picts
    nolan8v said:
    Nice!

Who manufactures this for BGE?

Is it a Maverick re-branded?

I look forward to your review of this as I am looking at purchasing a remote setup.

• Texansurf
    Options

A little post cook review,

They work well and the range was more than I needed.  It would be nice if they were rechargeable and had a battery life.  Instructions could be a little better, but who really reads them any ways.  I had no trouble with temp while cooking so I took the LBGE above temp and alarm sounded, loud enough and did not stop until I pushed the reset, I then snuffed the fire and later after I had forgotten was notified that the egg had cooled.