Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

big weekend

Got the Wok from the Wok Shop delivered this weekend. Just seasoned it with grapeseed oil, going to season with chives tomorrow.

Doing two cooks from "Stir fry to the sky's edge", one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Then I have 15 pounds of cottage bacon ready to be smoked on Sunday, then on to the new slicer

We will be eating like kings!! I may drink like one as well, ha!

Jt
·

Comments

• Please take it to the 9ers this weekend!

WILLLSONNNNNN!
    ·
  • ColAngus said:
    Please take it to the 9ers this weekend!

WILLLSONNNNNN!
    Ditto !!!!!!

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • Hope we do!!!
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Very nice. I'd like to see Seattle and Denver get a clean win tomorrow.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,375
    The 9ers will beat the Seachickens on their home turf. #:-S

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • I just need the Broncos to beat darth bellicheck and his padawon...
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • I really believe all 4 teams will have their hands full. Can't wait till tomorrow.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,690
    Good luck with the wok, assume you are using it on the egg. I'v only tried once, then went back to the burner, more or less heat as needed and more instant control. 

Like to see a Seahawk Bronco final, hope the conference finals are as good as the wild card and semis were. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,219
    Sounds like a good Wokking weekend.  Be sure to document the cooks with pics.

I'm pulling for the Seahawks and Broncos.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Go HAWKS! 20lbs of ribs, 10lbs of wings and a 60lb whole hog ordered for the Super Bowl the atmosphere around Seattle is awsome right now .
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,300
    edited January 2014
    Packer fan going for Seattle. It would be ok with me if you broke off Kaepernicks arm and put it where the sun don't shine.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • I will be wokking on a camp gas stove (30,000 BTUs). Would like to use the egg, but don't really want to eat up the fuel and can get it hot enough on the gas.

Yea, really hope the Hawks can pull it off. I agree that all four teams have a full battle on their hands.
    ·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,261
    edited January 2014
    I have started using my wok on the side burner of my gasser.  I'm just glad I finally found a reason to use the lonely thing.   And go Seahawks and Broncos!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • Oh.....my.....goodness. I could rub that all over me and be happy! Made curried beef. Holy crap was that good, never realized Chinese food could have tender meat. rhat flank steak was more tender tham when I cook it on the egg.

Tomorrow is the bacon (15 lbs) and a chicken wok cook.

Go hawks!
    ·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,261
    awesome!  I noticed that chicken on the wok was very tender and tasty, as good if not better than how I normally make it.  I love making chicken lo mien, better than take out!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • Yes much better than take-out for sure!
    ·