Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Solo weekend!!

Options
Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
Let me first say, I love my family.

That said, my wife and daughter (3yrs old) are going to Florida for the weekend!!!! (Taking grandma home), which means... Wooohooooo

I'm now plotting my solo cooks. Can't decide if I want to experiment, or go with what I know, because there will definitely be lots of beer involved. :).

Oh yeah and the shed's finally getting vinyl siding. :-@
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    I vote pizza and wings.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Sometimes a little solo time is a very good thing. Enjoy your cooks (and beers).
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    "Can't decide if I want to experiment, or go with what I know, because there will definitely be lots of beer involved. "

Do some of each. Then when she comes home and sees a bunch of leftovers because you cooked enough for 40 people, pretend you are a dog who just got discovered to have made a mess and give her the "I'm just as puzzled as you are" look.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.  I plan on trying some new cooks and doing a few favs, but experimenting with different spices/rubs.  I can go a little hotter than SWMBO cares for.  Hopefully I can focus my camera to take a few pics.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    It's always good to experiment when the Mrs. is away, but then again there is nothing wrong with wings, burgers and/or pizza.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    ha!  I'm in the same boat, SWMBO is out of town.  The kids are here, but they like experiments (or they are polite).

I'm making @RRP mozzarella later today.  SWMBO would just roll her eyes, tell me to buy mozzarella and don't make a mess.

I'm thinking of doing a german pig shank - I get that everytime I'm in Munich.  Crunchy skin, sticky fat, and 'pulled pork' like meat. om nom nom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    ha!  I'm in the same boat, SWMBO is out of town.  The kids are here, but they like experiments (or they are polite).

I'm making @RRP mozzarella later today.  SWMBO would just roll her eyes, tell me to buy mozzarella and don't make a mess.

I'm thinking of doing a german pig shank - I get that everytime I'm in Munich.  Crunchy skin, sticky fat, and 'pulled pork' like meat. om nom nom.

I'm making a batch today as well! Like they say in show biz..."take it (a)Whey"
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cam05210
    Options
    LOL...I'm solo myself for the next 3 days..and I just finished a 5 day sand/stain/poly on my LBGE table last night.  Got a beautiful piece of granite for a hot plate donated to me by local tile store yesterday and after work tonight I will be spending the evening putting the Egg back in the table and putting everything back together.  Thinking some nice filets tomorrow night and then have some chickens smoked up for Sunday night when SWMBO comes back...gotta run to the butcher shop!!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Well I did a filet, shrimp and a baked potato. And LOTS of beer. Barrett Jackson is on tv this weekend so here we go...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Take a day and just cook apps. Only one or two of each kind. Share with a neighbor and get some feedback. Just start grabbing $hit out of the fridge. Really fun.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options
    Last time the family was out of town, I reverse seared a massive ribeye. Since the wife doesn't like to eat steak often it was a good time for one.

North Texas

XL and Small BGE