Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Popcorn on the Egg

I just gotta know ... has it been done? :-?
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    @DocEggerton has done it successfully. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140750/omg-bge-pop-corn I searched a while back with the same thought but have not gotten around to it yet. May just try JiffyPop.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,059
    Sure has! Gotta get up early tomorrow but will post a picture and more about it then.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,829
    ive done kettlecorn in the wok, someone posted the recipe maybe 3 years back but i dont see it in the archives
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    When I do popcorn over an open fire (which the coals would be) I put them in a big pot with lid on and shake the pot continuously to keep them from burning. Gloves or a good pair of socks if I'm camping keep the hands from crisping. Haven't ever tried it on the egg, but I imagine that method would work fine, but it seems a bit more intense than Doc's.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • Williams Sonoma also has a Steel Grill 4 piece outdoor cookware set for $129. Looks like a pretty neat set. It includes the pan used for popcorn above.
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,059
    edited January 2014

ive done kettlecorn in the wok, someone posted the recipe maybe 3 years back but i dont see it in the archives
    That was the Happy Hooker who hasn't posted for quite a while now. I wonder if she's OK. Her method and kettle korn in the wok is the way I have done it several times. Once I did it at my dealer's store on a Sunday afternoon as a novelty item when they were having a cabin fever sale after the football season was over.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • I would think the pop secret bag would burn up :)
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
    ·
  • I suggest using it for fuel. Just get a good flame going and through about 4 cups of corn on. Should burn pretty good.
    ·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 401
    edited January 2014
    So- not the best image, but I did smore popcorn at the lame excuse for an eggfest here this past summer.  It was amazing!  I got one of those poppers where you turn the crank and it worked great-image

BTW- egged popcorn goes well with grilled lemonade-
    ·