Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Putting my egg back together.. Help

So I looked through the forum and was unable to find help for my issue. I took my dome and assembly apart to lift the LG Bge by myself. I got it in its home in the table and when I go to put the hinge on.. It doesn't line up right.. Nor does it look like it ever did. Three out of the four sections mount just fine.. But one section is way off. Pics to follow. So how do I get the blasted hinge on?
·

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,725
     I would first try loosening the band on the dome. It looks like it is snuuged up pretty good by the amount of bolt showing in the second pic. That should give you a bit of flexibility in the band to line up the bolts with the hinge piece, then align the dome and tighten up the band. That is what I would do anyway. 

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • BobsBGEBobsBGE Posts: 99
    The 2 shorter bolts need to be attached first and then put the top on.  You should be able to loosen the longer bolt nuts so the band is longer (the top band) and then slip the top into the loosened band.  I hope that is a good enough explanation but it still sounds confusing even to me.
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • BobsBGEBobsBGE Posts: 99
    PS.  The longer bolts/nuts run horizontally with the bands.
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,424
    I agree with the above. Loosen the carrage bolts all the way up.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • I've completely taken off the carriage bolts on the band's.. Still can't get it aligned:-(
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,424
    Or get a bigger hammer.  :D  Just kidding on that one..

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • . .And fixed. I had to really pull it once the band was off.. But I got it to squeeze in:-) Thanks everybody
    ·
  • Now the only issue I'm having is the egg rocks in the table nest. I have the table. Paving stone, table nest. Then egg on top and it moves... The whole paving stone lifts up
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,725
    My guess is your stone isn't flat. First try flipping it. Put the bottom facing up. If that don't fix it them you prolly have a warp in the wood where the stone sits. If that is the case you could set your stone with a heavy bead of silicone between the stone and wood and kinda float it in like a floor tile on thinset.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • I may have to try that
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,376
    I had a similar issue when replacing a cracked base.  Took me awhile to figure out.  Loosen everything and then you will be able to get it adjusted.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • I'll post nicer pictures later. But here is my LG and mini table :-)
    ·