Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

octoberfest diet, beer and sausages

Options
about 12 days so far and 8 pounds, did sub out some sausage for eggs once, a potroast, and some fogg cutters for beers, but good so far. 3 meals a day sasages or patties, and 6 beers or a couple fogg cutters with fresh squeezed orange and lime juice, pineapple and a cherry :D an apple or two for snacks
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I didn't know that was a real thing.  I just googled it and found an interview.  

I guess it goes to show it is really all about calories.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    11 pounds today, italian sausage and eggs for breakfast, bratts for lunch :D picking up my beer on the way home

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You've lost 11 pounds drinking beer and eating sausage? Nicely done.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    down 13 in 18 days, some more food ideas, and if you choose this diet dont forgrt to drink the 6 beers a day, been mixing it up wit 2 cheap, 2 guinness, and two top shelf, and sometimes you have to work harder on your diet and drink more

some knockworst

some breakfast sausage

figured pork chops were fit for octoberfest

fukahwee maine

• Loosemoose
    Loosemoose Posts: 295
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have to check this out!

You mean I could be in hog heaven and lose weight?
    And for us working guys we can drink the entire 6 pack in the evening?
    Nowhere Indiana
  • fishlessman
    Options
    yep, seems to be real atkins friendly as well but sausage and beer sounds better

some bratts and apples with balsalmic

:))
    fukahwee maine

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Doesn't matter that you only weigh 80 lbs when the arteries seize up on ya. :(

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Loosemoose
    Options

It's funny if you watch the attached video the mans cholesterol actually dropped.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • fishlessman
    Options
    my cholesterol level will be 114 if it drops as much as the inventor of the octoberfest diet :)) its always been low, i was asked by a doctor that did my blood work a few years ago if i was a vegatarian :D my blood pressure is already dropping on this diet just like it does when im doing the atkins plan
    fukahwee maine

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like my kind of diet. Wait...I don't know if I could drink a 6 pack a day every day for the duration. How long does it last?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Wow! Sounds like my kind of diet. Wait...I don't know if I could drink a 6 pack a day every day for the duration. How long does it last?
    the guy that came up with the idea does it every october for a month, im just shooting for 20 pounds so im guessing 5 or 6 weeks :D
    fukahwee maine

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Hilarious, but this is not healthy - who are we kidding!!! 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    Options
    SmokeyPitt . . . the old theory of "burning more calories than you consume = weight loss and a health" is not true.  Its all about what kind of calories.  Below is a good youtube video about caloric intake & sugar . . . long video but it has been watched over 4 million times!

I am not trying to preach, but I have some family members who are very well educated about nutrition and food science.  I think its important to have a basic understanding, but I love me some brats and beers just like the rest of us!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    my grandfather died at 89 years and 11 months, his diet the last 50 or so years was boiled hotdogs, beer, and his pipe :)) his only visit to the doctors office in his wole lifetime was for a gallstone :D pretty much my whole family made 90 going back 3 generations, pretty sure theres more to it than just what we are told is healthy. my great grandfather showed up at tryouts for the redsox drunk :)) he didnt make the team, but he made 90. now we all know its unhealthy but the facts are the facts :D nobody does studies to prove lettuce is unhealthy for you so we all assume its  a heathy food, lettuce screws me up so bad that my doctor recommends that i not eat it
    fukahwee maine

• NDG
    Options
    Of course you can reference many outliers (smoked 2 packs a day and lived to 102, etc. etc.) but our country has a health problem and silly to think we are powerless.  Genetics is HUGE, nothing is absolute and most everything is ok in moderation.   

Personally, I am not one to put my head in the sand and wish for the best and I think its ridiculous to say the fuel we put in our body has no impact on our health, mood, etc.  Having a basic understanding helps to serve as a guide when we make food/drink choices on a daily basis - and these choice add up.  
    Columbus, OH

• fishlessman
    Options
    NDG said:
    Of course you can reference many outliers (smoked 2 packs a day and lived to 102, etc. etc.) but our country has a health problem and silly to think we are powerless.  Genetics is HUGE, nothing is absolute and most everything is ok in moderation.   

Personally, I am not one to put my head in the sand and wish for the best and I think its ridiculous to say the fuel we put in our body has no impact on our health, mood, etc.  Having a basic understanding helps to serve as a guide when we make food/drink choices on a daily basis - and these choice add up.  
    just so you understand, im on this diet to lose fat, maintain muscle, lower my blood pressure and cholesterol :)) somehow i believe ill be healthier with a bmi under 25 and a descent blood pressure reading and thats the direction im heading right now. and if you look at the plates you can see im cheating with veggies and fruit
    fukahwee maine

• NDG
    Options
    Hey it sounds good to me!  I just wanted to jump in because I read someone post "its all about calories" and most everyone on the planet believes this, but its not correct!
    Columbus, OH

• fishlessman
    Options
    NDG said:
    Hey it sounds good to me!  I just wanted to jump in because I read someone post "its all about calories" and most everyone on the planet believes this, but its not correct!
    i believe in that too, when i read atkins book years ago one thing that always stuck was that if you do eat bread with a meal add extra butter to it as it changes the way your body processes it so its even how you mix those calories that counts
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    edited January 2014
    Options
    at 15 pounds in 24 days :)) italian chourizo and spinach feta chicken

fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nice! I've dropped 21 since the start of the weight loss competition. I know at least half is water but SWMBO has been commenting on my newly svelte figure. I'm a little jealous of you since I've cut back on some good stuff.
  • Coastalcooker
    Options
    Did you forget to tell us you started running five miles every morning?
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• fishlessman
    Options
     that would be very difficult to do with the required beer drinking :))
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Nice, did you make those sausages from scratch?
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Nice, did you make those sausages from scratch?
    not from scratch, ive got 3 butchers within a few miles of me that make a huge variety of different types.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    couldnt pass this up for lunch.....THE GRAVEY BOAT :D   looks like no dinner tonight, just the fogg cutters and beer

fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
     that would be very difficult to do with the required beer drinking :))
    Well you would need a few stops
    :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    edited January 2014
    Options
    one more day makes a month on the easiest diet plan on earth :)) will weigh in tomorrow

chourizo and bacon cheddar omelet

johnsonville better with cheddar sausage and sriranka slaw

first time making a sriraka slaw with my malt vinegar recipe, has a nice bite to it, also added some shredded brocolli  to the cabbage

setup up a hanging fruit basket for the next diet phase

fukahwee maine