Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turtle smirtle, where the Eagle Scouts be at?

Options
Troop 3 Pensacola, fl.

Order of the arrow, 2 national jamborees and I still have a huge patch collection.
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I was Brownie Troop 7
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I lasted in Cub Scouts until my Mom needed to host the first pack meeting at the house. That ended it.
    Options
    My son is an eagle.. got him into u of michigan
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    Troop 13 - Scottsbluff, NE
    Order of the Arrow also, although I never got past the first rank there.
    Never did make it to Jamboree.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • hafa_adaiLF
    Options
    Troop 9 Belleville, Il Order of the arrow, brotherhood. No jamborees, but tons of badges.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Does Order of the Straight Arrow count?image Sorry folks I just saw that episode as I was reading this post and something overcame me and I had to.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    Troop 178 - achieved Eagle in 1967.  Order of the Arrow, Philmont Scout Ranch, National Jamboree, Camp Wokanda 5 summers. polar bear club, and still have a bunch of patches including some first day hikes.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• drummerben
    Options
    Eagle Scout here. Troop 489 - Jonesboro, GA. Order of the Arrow, but no Jamboree.

LBGE Atlanta, GA  Ramblin' Wreck

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    I got kicked out of the scouts for eating a brownie
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    dlk7 said:

Troop 178 - achieved Eagle in 1967.  Order of the Arrow, Philmont Scout Ranch, National Jamboree, Camp Wokanda 5 summers. polar bear club, and still have a bunch of patches including some first day hikes.

Philmont was awesome.

WOLVERINES!! (Original red dawn was filmed there)
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Congratulations, Eagles. I am currently Assistant Cubmaster for Cub Scout Pack 141 in West Palm Beach, FL. with one son a Bear and the other a next-year Tiger. It's tough to hang in for Eagle due to other demands, especially varsity sports. But my young Bear right now seems to have an Eagle eye, we'll see about our next-year Tiger. Do Your Best!
  • Troglodyte
    Options
    What's a Tiger?  When I was in, it was Wolf, Bear, Lion, Webelo.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Tiger-bobcat-wolf-bear-weeblo then Boy Scouts.
  • Troglodyte
    Troglodyte Posts: 104
    edited January 2014
    Options
    That sucks.  What about tradition?  Next, they'll be changing Eagle to Turkey Vulture (I'm an Eagle, by the way).
    Albuquerque, NM
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    @drummerben Do you still live in the area? We live in Locust Grove...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• crf158
    crf158 Posts: 12
    Options
    Eagle Scout, Order of the Arrow , 2 trips to Philmont
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    My wooden arrow was busted during OA at Camp Tahuaya. My ideas was not nearly as funny to them. Life Scout was all I got.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I was in the politically incorrect Indian Guides. I learned how to cut the tip off my finger while whittling and crack my head open on a tree sledding on a saucer. That scene in Christmas Vacation with Chevy sledding on a saucer is special to me. Good times.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

I was in the politically incorrect Indian Guides. I learned how to cut the tip off my finger while whittling and crack my head open on a tree sledding on a saucer. That scene in Christmas Vacation with Chevy sledding on a saucer is special to me. Good times.

Can you pick up radio signals with the plate in
    your head?
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The only thing I got out of it was a hat that made me look like Frank Sinatra Jr so my Mom didn't have to look at it. It was cool ugly!

Edit: I'm still ugly.
    Flint, Michigan
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    Troop 6 in Knoxville, TN.  I went through all the way from Cubs to Webelos to my Eagle.  Order of the Arrow, Brotherhood too.  Now I'm the Den leader for my Son's Bear Den.  I think its a great program.

To this day I still tell people that getting my Eagle Scout award is one of my top achievements.  First, it's a lot of work, secondly only about 2-3% of all scouts make it to Eagle and once you turn 18 you can't go back and get it.  It's a select group and something to be proud of.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • drummerben
    Options

Sort of. I'm in town, off I-75 near Howell Mill/Collier. But still have family and friends down your way. 

@drummerben Do you still live in the area? We live in Locust Grove...

LBGE Atlanta, GA  Ramblin' Wreck

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    I never made past my investiture. I kicked the Scout Master in the nuts plying British Bulldog (a bit like rugby without the ball). They invited me to leave - permanently!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• insaneh
    insaneh Posts: 112
    Options
    Just missed that next step before the parents divorced. That kinda sidetracked everything else.
    Dead smack in the middle of NH
  • Volguy
    Volguy Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm an Eagle and very proud of it.  BUT, I'm extremely disappointed in the Boy Scouts giving in to the mainstream media and turning their back on their core beliefs.  It's still a great organization but I have lost some respect for them.   
  • Troglodyte
    Options
    Volguy said:
    I'm extremely disappointed in the Boy Scouts giving in to the mainstream media and turning their back on their core beliefs. 

I agree, but I don't think they gave in to the media.  Didn't the United Way threaten to cut their funds?  It always boils down to money.  To hell with principles and integrity.
    Albuquerque, NM
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Volguy said:
    I'm extremely disappointed in the Boy Scouts giving in to the mainstream media and turning their back on their core beliefs. 

I agree, but I don't think they gave in to the media.  Didn't the United Way threaten to cut their funds?  It always boils down to money.  To hell with principles and integrity.
    Nuff said

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    I forgot about my 2 trips to Charles L. Sommers Canoe Base in Ely.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    tkleager said:

Is that the one right near the border of Canada? If so, I've been there.
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    Is that the one right near the border of Canada? If so, I've been there.
    Me too!
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2