Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Super Bowl Sunday" Whatcha ya got!

Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
edited January 2014 in Off Topic

I have a close bunch of folks/family (16 to 20) coming over for Super Bowl and I'm not sure what to serve, they have all enjoyed ABT's and Chicken Bombs, Ribs, Wings, Pork Butt and Brisket and I may serve some of these this year too, everyone will be bringing there specialty but what's on your menu! 

Chuck King

Dimondale Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Well, now that you mention it better start planning. For this week's conference champ games it's going to be SOMETHING, I can tell ya THAT!
  • For the main event...ABT's, Wings and 2 "Turbo" butts is the plan. Folks will be bringing stuff to fill in the blanks. (Almost forgot) Adult beverages...lots of 'em. :)>-

Opelika, Alabama
  • Brisket for our Life Group.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Thinking a bone-in pork shoulder. Never done pulled pork yet but sounds like bone-in is the way to go. Go Seahawks!
    NW IOWA
  • Grillmagic
    Philly35 said:
    Thinking a bone-in pork shoulder. Never done pulled pork yet but sounds like bone-in is the way to go. Go Seahawks!
    Philly 35 I'm thinking of joining you, I am leaning on a couple 8/9 pounders of Pork Butt done low and slow at 225/250 grill & dome.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I'm thinking pulled pork, wings, and ABT's.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    A butt and a chicken or two. Pulled pork or chicken (or both in my case) nachos!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Sounds like you need a XXL!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Brisket chili here

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  More time and beer.....

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    I'm going to do three racks of ribs. Will probably have chips and dip too. .
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    7.5 lb brisket flat....Travis Method
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Going plain and simple of burgers
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    edited January 2014
    Burnt sea bird. . And a side of Sherman crow
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Trying a new recipe. Grilled Italian sausage, peppers, onions and roast beef in a Dutch oven with au jus served on French bread. Also, doing pizza. All on the egg while floating in the hot tub. Just need to make it through this week from hell. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    My whole hog. GO HAWKS!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Grillmagic
    edited January 2014

There's been a change of plans for my Super Bowl cook, we have 4 couples and a few kids, with each couple bringing something, we will have a taco bar, fruit and veggie tray, a 9 LB pork butt cooked on a new primo (its a friend of mine that bought it  half off for 380.00 from a dealer that is no longer selling them) and I am making 3 racks of Baby Backs and stuffed bacon wrapped Dates and Pork Shots. I may smoke the Ribs the day before and also do some wings on Sunday.

Chuck

Dimondale Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

• henapple
    Nice chuck...
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I'm thinking 2 shots of bourbon and bed by 9.  I don't want to burn a vacation day this early in the year….I'll save it for the dook vs UNC game. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    bucky925 said:

I'm thinking 2 shots of bourbon and bed by 9.  I don't want to burn a vacation day this early in the year….I'll save it for the dook vs UNC game. 

Go Heels!! Rough year so far thou

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Elk roast! Jalapeño poppers! Chili! And some smoked kielbasa and some habanero jack cheese!!!! Oh yeah and a sh#* load of beer!!!! Enjoy the game everyone!!!! :D
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824

stuffed bacon wrapped Dates and Pork Shots.

Details, please.
    NOLA
  • Grillmagic
    edited January 2014
    buzd504 said:

Details, please.
    These are by no means original but they are Goood! The bacon wrapped stuffed dates are as follows and they are my wife's new favorite, store bought dates and remove the pit by cutting a little slice down the side and remove the pit then I stuff in that opening a piece/chunk of smoked gouda cheese then wrapped with a half strip of maple flavored bacon and secured with a toothpick then dust the top with brown sugar. My method for the pork shots are  3/8 inch disk of your favorite sausage (I use Johnsonville Italian sausage links) then wrap/ring with a half of strip/piece of thick cut bacon and tooth pick forming a pork shot glass then fill with store bought cream cheese and chives with a spoon and sprinkle with brown sugar and cook them 350 indirect until yummy (typically 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through). These are very good and plan on them going fast. Go easy on the brown sugar and I failed to mention I also dust both lightly with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust or seasoning of choice.   
  • I wanted to do some beer can chicken and maybe a brisket, but I'm having LASIK on my eyes Thursday and I won't be able to use my egg for a while. I can't get smoke or dust in them while the corneal flap heals. Guess I'll be doing boring stuff like wings and maybe some pulled chicken BBQ that I can cook on the stove. :-<
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    buzd504 said:

Details, please.
    These are by no means original but they are Goood! The bacon wrapped stuffed dates are as follows and they are my wife's new favorite, store bought dates and remove the pit by cutting a little slice down the side and remove the pit then I stuff in that opening a piece/chunk of smoked gouda cheese then wrapped with a half strip of maple flavored bacon and secured with a toothpick then dust the top with brown sugar. My method for the pork shots are  3/8 inch disk of your favorite sausage (I use Johnsonville Italian sausage links) then wrap/ring with a half of strip/piece of thick cut bacon and tooth pick forming a pork shot glass then fill with store bought cream cheese and chives with a spoon and sprinkle with brown sugar and cook them 350 indirect until yummy (typically 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through). These are very good and plan on them going fast. Go easy on the brown sugar and I failed to mention I also dust both lightly with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust or seasoning of choice.   

Thanks! Those sound great!
    NOLA
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Simple, just me and SWMBO so we are just gong to do up some wings and beers
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • I'm taking @Dyal_SC 's Jalamango Lime Wings to a friends house for the game.  If you haven't made them yet... HURRY!  They are amazing.  (just made them again last night).
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Braised earthworms, with some sous vide dandelions.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • henapple
    I'm cooking. ..we'll actually cazzy is bringing brisket, bringing his grinder, grinding burgers, then cooking them and his famous wings. I will be starting the wings in the marinade and buying the scotch. Oh wait, he doesn't drink scotch...he'll be too busy anyways.
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    I think I am going to try turbo baby back ribs.
  • Grillmagic
    dihtn said:
    I think I am going to try turbo baby back ribs.
    I went turbo last week and they were great, I am cooking 3 racks of baby backs this Saturday the day before at 250 indirect until they pass the bend test pulling the Membrane and mustard and Dizzy Dust, then foiling with butter/honey and brown sugar and finish on Sunday out of the foil direct till yummy.