Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

LBGE cover.

I like many others just could'nt afford to pay the price for the Big Green Egg cover so I bought a cover at Lowes that they sell for the Chargriller Acorn and it fits just perfect and covers top to bottom. My large is in the nest and it is just the right length to just cover and not drag. I do keep my cast iron top on and it fits .
Easley SC Go! Tigers
·

Comments

• Good info thanks
    Nowhere Indiana
    ·
  • D_TrainD_Train Posts: 46
    I think many here don't use covers. This one worked well for my LBGE with side tables and cost $27.99. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H1HP2M/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ·
  • I had my original BGE vented cover for the large for a little over 3 years. At that point the sun had really faded and deteriorated it and the egg mate shelves had worn holes into the cover also. I was skeptical about spending the money for another cover but I was able to get a great deal on a new vented LBGE cover. $60.00   I have to say that the new cover seems to be much better material and it is shaped to accomadate the nest handler and egg mates where the older one really wasn't. I feel it was great value at $60.00 and would have been almost fair at the $110.00 retail they originally wanted.
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 446
    I like many others just could'nt afford to pay the price for the Big Green Egg cover so I bought a cover at Lowes that they sell for the Chargriller Acorn and it fits just perfect and covers top to bottom. My large is in the nest and it is just the right length to just cover and not drag. I do keep my cast iron top on and it fits .

Is the one you got somewhere close to $34?
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • My EGG was freezing shut with a little moisture and cold nights. Ordered my Duck Cover from home depot with free in store pickup 

I am very happy with it only $39

KC style BBQ
    LBGE
    DigiQ DX2

·
  • SoCalTimSoCalTim Posts: 616
    Thanks for the heads-up on alternate covers. I too just can't afford an 'official' BGE cover right now. I'm headed to Home Depot! 
    ·
  • Yes about 34.00
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
    ·
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 240
    We've had the BGE cover for a couple of years. Leaks like a sieve even after spraying with a sealer. We just leave it uncovered now.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,166
    I have this one, $30, though I received it as a gift. Seems like a nice one and fits my large well. Not one of those stiff vinyl covers, very flexible. Used it 5-6 times, but couldn't be bothered. My egg has been uncovered through four New England winters now, has never frozen shut and is doing fine.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,166
    Found a pic...

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,583
    be careful not to drag the ceramic cap off when you remove the cover ...
    canuckland
    ·