Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AR/Woo2 combo or BBQ Guru

Options
I have a little money left and am trying to decide how to spend it. I am leaning toward the AR and thinking I will get better at maintaining target temps in time, but my busy life and never being able to stay home through a long cook makes the Guru look nice. Thoughts?
Justin in Denton, TX

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I have 2 Guru's one for each Egg and love them I truly think that it's the best money I'v spent on my Eggs 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options
    Really depends on what you think you'll use more.  Every thing from CGS is well made and will last forever.  I have a pswoo3 and use it all the time for raised direct.  I also use my spider all the time.  
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    I'd go AR for amount of use and versatility.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I am fortunate enough to have a CyberQ WiFi and an AR. I only use the CyberQ about once a month.  If I had to choose one, it would definitely be the AR. However, I also made a second tier from a Weber charcoal grate and bolts for less than $25 for my other egg. I use it a ton too. So if something like that would work for you, you could get the CyberQ and make yourself a second grid for cheap.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!