Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filet Mignon, Tomato Onion Gorgonzola Salad, Caesar Salad, Naan Bread, and Zinfandel dinner

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
Said most of it in the title. Pictures say the rest.

imageimageimageimage
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Now that's a meal!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    edited January 2014
    Options
    First chance to use my new grill extender, using my old BGE grill extender flipped over as the top grid.
    Member since 2009
  • SmokingOzarksBBQ
    Options
    Cook the tomatoes on the grill first and let them get some grill marks then put them in the fridge to cool. Cook the steaks etc afterwards. Cooking the tomatoes first really brings out the flavor. Your meal looks great!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nice cook! Tell me more about the tomatoes. Anything else beyond what is in the title? Did you make a cream sauce with the onion?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What he said ^^^^!

looks great. I want to hear more about the tomato salad and the naan. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    Options
    Cook the tomatoes on the grill first and let them get some grill marks then put them in the fridge to cool. Cook the steaks etc afterwards. Cooking the tomatoes first really brings out the flavor. Your meal looks great!
    Great idea.  I'll try that.
    Member since 2009
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Well that was a moutful. Nice looking meal you cooked up.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

edited January 2014
    Options
    We came across this salad years ago, dining in Vegas.  It's pretty simple but tasty.  I think it pairs great with a steak.  It's sliced tomatoes, (those ones that have the stems still attached), onion (I prefer red onion if they are not too hot, or sweet ones), gorgonzola cheese crumbles (blue would work also), fresh basil (dried here, but fresh is better), cracked black pepper.  The dressing here was a mix of bottled, but because of the kitchen remodel, the items we have out now is limited until it's finished.  The dressing is normally a homemade vinaigrette.  A squirt of dijon, some chopped or crushed garlic, cracked black pepper, balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar, or a combination of the two.  Whisk in a bowl, and slowly drizzle EVOO, as you are whisking, to emulsify, or add it all to a mason jar and shake like crazy.  The proportions are to taste.  It's a little different each time.  The naan bread is store bought.  Heat it in the oven at 400, flip and drizzle with EVOO.  Cook until it's crispy.  You could certainly Egg it while the steak is resting.
    Member since 2009
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    What Zin did you go with?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.