Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Filet Mignon, Tomato Onion Gorgonzola Salad, Caesar Salad, Naan Bread, and Zinfandel dinner

500500 Posts: 1,651
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
Said most of it in the title. Pictures say the rest.

imageimageimageimage
Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
"Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
·

Comments

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Now that's a meal!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,651
    edited January 2014
    First chance to use my new grill extender, using my old BGE grill extender flipped over as the top grid.
    ·
  • Cook the tomatoes on the grill first and let them get some grill marks then put them in the fridge to cool. Cook the steaks etc afterwards. Cooking the tomatoes first really brings out the flavor. Your meal looks great!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    Nice cook! Tell me more about the tomatoes. Anything else beyond what is in the title? Did you make a cream sauce with the onion?
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    What he said ^^^^!

looks great. I want to hear more about the tomato salad and the naan. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    Cook the tomatoes on the grill first and let them get some grill marks then put them in the fridge to cool. Cook the steaks etc afterwards. Cooking the tomatoes first really brings out the flavor. Your meal looks great!
    Great idea.  I'll try that.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926

Well that was a moutful. Nice looking meal you cooked up.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    edited January 2014
    We came across this salad years ago, dining in Vegas.  It's pretty simple but tasty.  I think it pairs great with a steak.  It's sliced tomatoes, (those ones that have the stems still attached), onion (I prefer red onion if they are not too hot, or sweet ones), gorgonzola cheese crumbles (blue would work also), fresh basil (dried here, but fresh is better), cracked black pepper.  The dressing here was a mix of bottled, but because of the kitchen remodel, the items we have out now is limited until it's finished.  The dressing is normally a homemade vinaigrette.  A squirt of dijon, some chopped or crushed garlic, cracked black pepper, balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar, or a combination of the two.  Whisk in a bowl, and slowly drizzle EVOO, as you are whisking, to emulsify, or add it all to a mason jar and shake like crazy.  The proportions are to taste.  It's a little different each time.  The naan bread is store bought.  Heat it in the oven at 400, flip and drizzle with EVOO.  Cook until it's crispy.  You could certainly Egg it while the steak is resting.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    What Zin did you go with?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·