Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Rib-eye Burgers

cazzycazzy Posts: 6,256
edited January 13 in EggHead Forum

As you may recall, my wife brought home these the other day:
@skiddymarker suggested I make rib-eye burgers and everything about that just sounded right.  After all, I just bought myself a grinder for a stocking stuffer.   :D  
Seasoned the meat with onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.  1/2 teaspoon each
Yielded two 8oz patties and five 4oz patties
I tossed the formed patties into the freezer while I got both my eggs up to temp.  450 on the large with the baking steel and 225 on the small.  Both elevated.  Hickory wood on the small
The five 4oz patties are being cooked on the flat top while the two 8oz are starting off on the small.
I removed the big boys from the small when they hit 110 internal
I made a small mistake and overshot my temp cause I thought it would be a cool shot with the cheese fully melted on the flat top.  Next time (there most definitely be a next time), I will put my cheese on immediately after I flip and pull when it's melted.  This burger was still juicy and was the best tasting burger i've made...so no harm, no foul.
Sliders for the kids   ;)
imageThe big boy...with some loaded fries the wifey madeimage
As mentioned...juicy as hell!    B-)

Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...

Comments