Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked salmon indirect for 2 hours PICTURES!!!

Options

Well my first attempt at salmon was a huge success last night.  Even my friends who don't prefer salmon because its too fishy loved it and came back for more.  I cant say how awesome the BGE is.

So I started with brining the salmon for only 12 hours and put in the fridge.

I got the BGE fired up and stabilized at 200 degrees.

I used 5 large apple wood chunks soaked in water for 3 hours put them in and then used the plate setter for indirect and also used a drip pan.

I prepped the salmon and dried it off taking it out of the brine and sprinkled my favorite rub on top, skin still on bottom.  I use Bobby Flay rib rub, from his website.  I mix the rub up myself and half the salt content though.  I then rubbed brown sugar all over the top of the rub.  I was heavy with the brown sugar.

I placed it on the wire rack skin side down and let it sit at 200 for 2 hours  never opening the EGG.

After 2 loooooong hours was up I put on a cutting board and basted the top with pure maple syrup.

It was amazing!!!!!!!!

2 LBGE's, Mathews Z7 Extreme putting meat in my EGG, Lovin life in South FL

Comments