Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adam Perry Lang Apple and Red Pepper Boston Butt

Options
Cooked this on the egg today. From his book Serious BBQ. Was a little involved but turned out really good.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Good job
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    That looks fantastic, I haven't tried any Adam Perry Lang recipes since they are mostly pretty involved but maybe if I can get someone to take the kids I'll give this a try.  Looks amazing. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Love, love, love, APL recipes.   I have made this and several others.  Way to go!!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I just can't buy in to APL. Too "involved" as you put it. Plus, in the recipes I've seen, he seems to have a huge affinity for salt. Tons of salt. Not healthy. As for pork BBQ... a little rub (or not), low and slow til done. Simple and mighty tasty.

And he uses all three names. I wonder if his friends call him Adam Perry.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    Looks awesome.  That book is next on my must buy list.  I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. 

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Been wanting to try this cook. How was the flavor?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I just can't buy in to APL. Too "involved" as you put it. Plus, in the recipes I've seen, he seems to have a huge affinity for salt. Tons of salt. Not healthy. As for pork BBQ... a little rub (or not), low and slow til done. Simple and mighty tasty.

I know what you mean, every recipe has a brine, rub, glaze, and dressing. With a lot of his recipes, I'll skip steps that I think are overkill. And you can reduce the salt easily. As for his name, he's probably just making sure nobody confuses him with the Hungarian footballer Adam Lang.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ljpick
    Ljpick Posts: 38
    Options
    Sauce was really good. But flavor is better with simple rub low and slow until done. All extra steps not needed.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Well, he did win Grand Champion at the World Pork Expo and first place for pork at the American Royal for this. So there's that.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    LOL, I will settle for less.  :D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fouker187
    Options

Salt isn't healthy?  Any science to back that up?
  • r2davis65
    r2davis65 Posts: 148
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks really good.  I have been eyeing that recipe and plan to do it one day.  I was thinking I might try this on country style ribs (the kind that are sliced up pork butt).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.