Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Fest In Georgia

I know there is already a thread about this.   However my wife and I are thinking of driving down.  For those of you that have been, give me your experience.  Is it worth going to?  Did you learn a lot?  And what is the deal with no booze?   It that correct?????   BGE and do beer, that may be a deal breaker.  

Thanks in advance for the replies

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• I would like to know about the Adult Bevvies myself.  That's like a Celtic Fest without Guiness!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I would like to know about the Adult Bevvies myself.  That's like a Celtic Fest without Guiness!

Your name wins the internets today.

On the EggFest note, which Fest?
  • I went to Eggtoberfest and their was plenty of beer and liquor as long as the liquor was in a plastic bottle you were fine as far as beer went as long as it was in a can it's all good 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Isn't that why they make personnel coolers with wheels?
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • For the North Georgia Mountain Eggfest, they will not be selling booze, but you can bring your own as I understand.
    Pentwater, MI
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Last year they gave the cooks beer and I cooked and don't remember how I got back to the camp ground or how my eggs got back. You can bring whatever you want in at least in previous years you could. we had 2 handles of tequila last year in our cooking area and who knows how much beer. One of the booths was giving out apple pie moon shine shots.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    edited January 2014
    bucky925 said:
    I know there is already a thread about this.   However my wife and I are thinking of driving down.  For those of you that have been, give me your experience.  Is it worth going to?  Did you learn a lot?  And what is the deal with no booze?   It that correct?????   BGE and do beer, that may be a deal breaker.  

Thanks in advance for the replies

We're trying to arrange a special permit to sell beer and wine. However, as it states on the web site and is cast in concrete, you are absolutely free to bring your own beer, wine, liquor or anything else you want to the Meet & Greet, the eggfest or anywhere else on the fairgrounds. I'm like you regarding alcohol.......if it weren't allowed I wouldn't be running this eggfest. I'll also add I'm expecting about 150 cooks from all over the country and Canada, 1500 or more tasters and several free classes. This is the largest satellite eggfest in the country and if you can believe what others are saying "this is the best eggfest in the country".......those aren't my words! :) You'll have an absolute blast here.......promise! I forgot to add, even if we are able to sell alcohol you can still bring your own.......period!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Bucky. ..where are you located?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Went last year it was great time!!!!!!!!!, but I arrived with a hangover was not wanting anything to drink.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• The beer line at the Eggtoberfest in Stone Mountain was way too long, so I think being able to BYOB is a much better option.
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I'm in NC and yawl have talked me into it.  My wife and I will be driving down.  Who else is going?  I would like to put some faces to posts and maybe have a drink and swap lies.   Sounds like a great time!

• egret
    edited January 2014
    bucky925 said:
    I'm in NC and yawl have talked me into it.  My wife and I will be driving down.  Who else is going?  I would like to put some faces to posts and maybe have a drink and swap lies.   Sounds like a great time!
    Plan to come to the Meet & Greet Friday evening......you'll meet a whole bunch of eggers there! We're cooking up about 20 butts and two whole packers for everyone to "snack" on, too while you're schmoozing.......
    Just a suggestion: I don't know where you're planning to stay, but, the host hotel (Lake Chatuge Lodge: http://www.mountainegg.com/lodging.php) is the best option and they're getting low on rooms. I'm having a shuttle to and from the hotel Saturday so you can ride this if you want. The hotel, though, is only about 300 yards from the fest if you want to walk......Here's some pics of past fests including the shuttle that's pulled by a tractor:
    :)
  • bucky925
    Well crap, I am staying  at the Lake Chatuge Lodge, but I just ordered our taster's tickets and I thought only cooks were welcome to the meet and greet, so I clicked no…how do I change that?

• egret
    bucky925 said:
    Well crap, I am staying  at the Lake Chatuge Lodge, but I just ordered our taster's tickets and I thought only cooks were welcome to the meet and greet, so I clicked no…how do I change that?

Don't worry about that! One or two more won't matter.......just come on! I just need to get an approximate head count for the M & G so I don't get totally swamped. I had to cut it off last year, but, we still had over 300 people there. Looking forward to seeing you and don't forget to bring your own libation if you want...........
  • bucky925
    Cool thanks

• I'm coming and bringing the wife and another couple from the hood. Will be driving up Sat. About a 2 hour drive for me. Bringing my rolling cooler with beer
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • bucky925
    I'll hang with you Laserdoc85   rofl

• Always looking for tag alongs
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • egret
    I'm coming and bringing the wife and another couple from the hood. Will be driving up Sat. About a 2 hour drive for me. Bringing my rolling cooler with beer
    I don't know how many eggfests you've been to, but, the bulk of the food comes off between about 9:30-10:00 until around 2:00 PM so you may want to leave plenty early if you have a two hour drive. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because we had someone show up last year about 1:00 PM and complained that there wasn't very much food available.......Anyway, look forward to seeing you!
  • queued
    queued Posts: 50
    Hey, Bucky.  I'm from NC as well and will be at the Georiga Mountain Eggfest as well. Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the folks :-).
    Raleigh, NC
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    I'll be there as well... Looking forward to it!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    We'll be there,too! Live in Clayton, Georgia, about 30 miles over the mountain from Hiawassee, so not a long trip for us! Looking forward to meeting Egret and others. Clayton has a couple of hotels in case anybody wants to stay over the mountain! It's a beautiful drive, and crosses the Appalachian Trail about half way.
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • egret said:
    I'm coming and bringing the wife and another couple from the hood. Will be driving up Sat. About a 2 hour drive for me. Bringing my rolling cooler with beer
    I don't know how many eggfests you've been to, but, the bulk of the food comes off between about 9:30-10:00 until around 2:00 PM so you may want to leave plenty early if you have a two hour drive. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because we had someone show up last year about 1:00 PM and complained that there wasn't very much food available.......Anyway, look forward to seeing you!
    Just map quested it. It is 76 miles ,a hour and forty five. We will be hitting the road at seven
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279

Laserdoc, living in Jefferson, I know you're more than familiar with the mountains. Please don't tell anybody down there south of 85 about them......as if they don't already know! Don't want anymore interlopers in on our secret.BTW, you'll have a beautiful late spring drive that day! Look forward to meeting you.

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Yep sure do. Used to camp at warwoman, panther creek a lot. Went to Tallulah falls school for my junior year
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • bucky925
    queued said:
    Hey, Bucky.  I'm from NC as well and will be at the Georiga Mountain Eggfest as well. Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the folks :-).
    But you're a dook fan,   lol….looking forward to it. 

• Just ordered my taster tickets!! Wooo Wooo !!
     Now we have to wait until May :(  Bummer!!
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • egret
    Just ordered my taster tickets!! Wooo Wooo !!
     Now we have to wait until May :(  Bummer!!
    Look forward to seeing you, David...........and, Jill!!  :)
  • Hurry up, May! <:-P we are gonna have a blast!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • laserdoc85
    laserdoc85 Posts: 577
    edited January 2014
    Hurry up, May! <:-P we are gonna have a blast!
    Kristi,,  I love your website!!! Seeing a lot of good recipes I would like to try. Especially those wings!!
    Where can I get that mango chutney??
    Jefferson .GA.