Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

68 Inches of Back Ribs on

Marinated 3 racks in a cherry cola, soya, garlic, apple cider vin, etc. The last rack was just rubbed with Dizzy Dust. Egg is at 225F, question is.

3-2-1?

2-2-1?

x-x-x?

How long do you usually leave the first stage on for?

(Lovin the swing rack already by the way)

imageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
·

Comments

• AE...first off, props to you for egging with snow all around. I have some ribs on now. I usually roll smoke for 2 hours, foil for 1.5 hours, then sauce and go another .5 hours. This is at 275* though. So you may want to do a total of 5 hours to my 4. No more than 2 hours in the foil though. They will be falling apart.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • Im going to go 2-2ish-1 i think today. As long as they are done. On a bit of a time crucnh so i might bump up the temp a bit. And as for the snow, have a good 4' so far this year to date. So not much choice. Is a nice weekend though.

I'll be posting how they turned out.

All racks was a bit much to cook, but the kids love taking them for lunch, and we have a young nephew living with us who eats like a horse. He is the same hight as the ribs together are long, probably 150 lbs, and will probably eat half of these in one sitting. lol.

Have a good weekend everyone.

·
  • Good deal. Yes, picks of the final product.
    ·
  • Small correction on the last rack - the first 3 were dusted with dizzy dust before going on. The last rakc (top) was rubbed with Swamp Venom...
    ·
  • Almost done, home made sauce (Cherry cola, ketchup, soya, cumin, cider, etc...) on the marinated ribs, and Tony Romas on the Swamp Venom.

2.5 - 1.5 - 1...(ish)

imageimageimage
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,241
    Look good....nice color.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,639
    edited January 2014
    @Albertaegger- my hats off to anyone who carries the BGE torch in the weather you have had to date.  The -40*C/F is waaay below my threshold of pain.  That said, sounds like you are challenged by time to finish the ribs-if so, then the foil is the trick to punching them home unless you of turbo out of the gate.

And regarding the swing rack, I find that I can significantly increase the second level cook area by using a 17" weber grid directly on top of the CGW 15 " rack (LBGE) as long as I don't get too high up in the dome.  FWIW-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Looks unbelievable. @Cazzy is right (unusual)..great color.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,053
    What size bge is that? M?
    ·
  • BYS1981 said:

What size bge is that? M?

Large.
    ·
  • Nice work AE! Hope they tasted as good as they look.
    ·
  • Where did you get that swinging grate at?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,403
    DaBudDawg said:
    Where did you get that swinging grate at?
    It's a Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System
    ·
  • I Like the idea but for 125.00 kinda steep.  I picked up a complete used BGE large on craigslist for 250.00  with a plate setter and rib rack.  I got super lucky

2 LBGE's, Mathews Z7 Extreme putting meat in my EGG, Lovin life in South FL

·
  • SocalcajudoSocalcajudo Posts: 132
    Looks really good. Nice job
    ·