Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-rexing some 2" filets.....

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone trexed some really thich filets? Did you sear for 3 minutes per side or longer? Did you cook for 6 minutes per side at 400F after resting the meat?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    d73fa1c6.jpg
    <p />TideJoe,
    here is a 3 inch sirloin and a 2 bone ribeye that where trexed. go by looks for the sear and temp for the doneness. bone in and i roast at 325, boneout on the thick ones and i roast at 350.
    2005233303.jpg
    01fd68e1.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TideJoe,
    these are two inch thick sirloins being trex'd. ...when doing really thick ones like this, i make sure the egg is really hot (over 800 degrees), and as a rule of thumb, i sear for 30 seconds per 1/2 inch of meat per side. . .so for these, they got exactly 2 minutes per side of searing. . ..then after the 20 minute rest, the dwelled at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes per side for medium rare. . ..i do the same for 2 inch thick fillets. ...[p]DSCN0100.jpg

• Awesome pictures guys! I'm gonna 'rex some Prime NY Strips this weekend. Man, I eat too much red meat...