Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FTC or FO?

Just finished a brisket on the egg. Internal temp is 205+ and it's triple wrapped in HD foil. I need to keep it for 6 hours before I serve it. Should I put it in the cooler or oven? The lowest setting on my oven is 170.
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I would go FTC- think it would keep moisture contained in the cooler which I don't think would happen in the oven
    Greensboro, NC
  • That's just a long time to keep something in the cooler.  I know people here have done it but it's pushing it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    If you wrap it well in foil I think it would be fine in the oven at 170.  The foil will keep the moisture in. 

On the other hand if you insulate the cooler well it should be fine for 6 hours in the FTC. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2014
    If you wrap it well in foil I think it would be fine in the oven at 170.  The foil will keep the moisture in. 

On the other hand if you insulate the cooler well it should be fine for 6 hours in the FTC. 
    Agreed - and if in the oven, you can set to 170º and after 30 minutes or so turn it off. If needed you can turn the oven back on to 170º as required. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    I did Foil to Oven and it was great. Held it for 5 hours at 170.
    Dave - Austin, TX